Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thankful

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving today, whether that was alone or with friends and family.

Today as always I'm thankful to all of you who come here to read my posts, comment, and trade with me.

To make this a card post I'm showing off a freebie I got from Chris, the Collector, a couple months ago when he let some folks who'd commented on some of his posts pick from some cards he was giving away.
I thought it would be cool to add this Topps Heritage insert of former president (and Michigan Football player) Gerald Ford. This card, which appears to be #9 in my collection of Homer Simpson's best buddy.

(I'm not treating this like a trade post since I want to give Chris credit for his generosity.)

Thanks again for the cool freebie, Chris, and I'm looking forward to sending you a small envelope you can fit under your tree in time for Christmas.

For now, to all who enjoy any combination of watching football, eating nachos, and drinking beer, happy Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great day buddy!
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so focused on gathering cards to send you I'd forgotten about this one. Love that Simpsons episode, it's one of my all-time faves.

    I'm thankful for you, and all the bloggers who comment on my posts/send cards/hold giveaways.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to forget what you've sent out that sometimes trade posts are almost just as surprising for you! Thanks again, this was great. And I'm glad you appreciated the Simpsons reference.

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving... with lots of delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fuji, I did, and I hope you had a nice holiday as well!

      Delete