Tuesday, November 8, 2022

2022 trade package #24: Cards on Cards

You all know I root for teams nicknamed the Tigers and Wolverines, a couple mammals that aren't terribly similar. Along the same lines, one of my favorite trade partners, Kerry over at Cards on Cards, chases, uh, cards of Cardinals as well as Ducks. By the time this past Saturday was over we were both satisfied with our top-10 college football teams' big wins against overmatched opponents.

So why don't I finally show off the contents of a fun envelope he sent my way that showed up last week?

Part of me hopes that Baddoo (2021 Heritage Chrome /572) isn't a starter next year meaning the Tigers put some effort and money into the lineup, though if he earns a spot I wouldn't be mad. Bojarski is an OF prospect from South Africa via Australia. That's quite a nice six-pack of Miggy cards--three each from Panini and Topps! My favorite is definitely the DK Aficionado insert. And hey, how about another RC ('21 Topps Big League) of recent favorite Jake Cronenworth?
Please continue sending all your Grandersons to me, please! Be like Kerry, who sent me a 2005 Topps Total Silver that you see above. I want more! I believe I correctly IDed the Larkin as a red parallel from '22 Donruss (close enough that it could be pink), and naturally the color works perfectly with his team. Will Meadows return in 2023 to full strength after suffering from 50 different injuries/ailments? Thanks to this envelope I continue to add to my Mize and Skubal collections, in this case with '21 Gold Label RCs. Ripken still dominates the PC totals with one new card here from '22 Topps Fire (the DK Cal base is the only dupe in the whole envelope!). And the last card up in this scan is the first of three of two-time Series-winner Verlander, who finally earned his first dub in the Fall Classic.
The other two Verlanders are from last year and 2022, with the latter being a parallel of the Flame Throwers insert. The dude is definitely a marvel, still throwing easy gas at his age. Congratulations to him on a second ring even though I hate his team.

Besides his bird teams Kerry collects a (totally not defunct and no I wasn't confusing them with the Sonics, why do you ask?) basketball squad as well, the Trail Blazers, so I'm not too surprised to receive some of that sport from him. Most were of recent star Jordan Poole of the Warriors, who just signed a nice fat contract, by the way. The first six items you see here feature the man who just won a ring, including a Michigan uni card, a Hoops RC plus its Winter version, a Panini sticker, and more. And as if that weren't thoughtful enough he included a pair of college cards of Mo's brother Franz Wagner. These hail from 2021 Panini Chronicles Draft's base version and the Marquee subset, which also looks quite nice.

Kerry, thanks again for thinking of me and sending this loaded envelope my way! I just landed a couple cards for you at the most recent show and I'll figure out when I have enough to send you one back myself, likely by Christmas at the latest.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, just because Dame got hurt last year and we missed the playoffs doesn't make us defunct! The Blazers are alive and well and in the top 3 of their conference currently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh FFS I was thinking of the Sonics. All you Pacific Northwest cities are the same to this midwesterner! I'll fix that.

      Delete
  2. Didn't realize Poole was a Wolverine. He's been the subject of a lot of local radio discussions the past two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's well known around here for big plays like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4rqMnxaig so we're definitely proud of him!

      Delete
  3. The appeal of Mosaic is usually lost on me, but I do really like that Cabrera card. It's a unique photo that works well without the logo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Once in a while they pull off the no logo thing with a strategic shot like that

      Delete
  4. I dislike Donruss in general but that Barry Larkin red parallel is an exception. Very cool card!

    Can't wait to see where JV lands in free agency(I'm hoping he doesn't return to Houston)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, can't go wrong with red when the subject is with the Reds! I also hope JV doesn't go back to Houston or to any of the teams that I've grown to see as the villains like the Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers. I'm sure it won't be Detroit, unfortunately.

      Delete