Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A trade post that goes in a Cardinal direction

Namely:  UP.  A few weeks ago I put up this post about wanting to fill out my 2009 Topps set that was maybe 2/3 complete and needing more than 200 cards.  Up stepped Kerry/Madding from Cards on Cards, and things are definitely looking up for that set now.  Because of that, I sent him a few pounds of Cardinals, and in return I got a superb package that included the following:
A bunch of 2009 Topps, as mentioned.  How many?  Here's the "Before" list:
 And after:
I went from needing 217 cards to 120.  I may be an English major, but by my math that means he knocked out 97 cards, or about 44%.  In ONE TRADE PACKAGE.  Sweet!  But that's not even all he sent:
Tigers:  shiny, sparkly, sticky, new and old! 

 A pair of Cals, including a cool preview of a UD Choice set whose design I actually kinda like
Too many Verlandersons
 And some serial-numbered insanity:  Detroit version:  the Purple Jackson is #153/599, the Kuenn is #138/399, the Dirks is #03/60(!) and the Palmer, one of my all-time Tiger faves, is #151/499.  Nice!  Oh yeah, and this happened to be in the package too:
Clete Thomas 2010 Topps T-206 auto
I feel bad because as much as I threw his way, I didn't include any hits in Kerry's package.  Oh well, that means I get to make it up to him in the future with something really cool in return.  I'll have to figure out if the Cardinals have anybody comparable with a cool name.  I'll think of something.

Kerry even managed to jam even more stuff in this bubble mailer in the form of some stuff you can find over at Too Many Manninghams, so feel free to check those out too.

Thanks again for a great first trade, Kerry, and I hope you got some enjoyment out of the stuff I sent you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the stuff! I was concerned about holding up my end of the deal when I saw how big the box you sent me was. Yeesh. Lots of great stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, quantity over quality in my case--you really did a great job of hitting all my needs! Thanks again.

      Delete