Thursday, December 16, 2021

Announcing Christmas Cards 2021! Plus Facebook collection trade bait

You didn't all think I'd go the entire month without posting, did you? Well I kind of did, but I finally got motivated enough to post tonight. While I have lots of great stuff to show you I have two things I want to get to tonight that I consider more important.

First up is announcing this year's Christmas Cards! Despite completely ditching COMC I have lots of stuff for a number of you and will be working on packaging and mailing things out over the next few days, whether or not they arrive by Christmas. It's the thought that counts, right? Anyway, it's one of my favorite yearly traditions so I'm excited to fill up some mailboxes with stocking stuffers once again. Keep an eye on yours, or on your favorite bloggers' blogs, Twitter, Youtube, and more!

Second, somewhat in conjunction with Christmas Cards, I've finally gotten organized enough to show off more of my loot from that huge Facebook collection purchase earlier this year. In this case, I'm posting the stuff I'd love to get rid of. There were boxes and boxes of commons/set-fillters plus near sets, and a fun mix of other stuff I'm happy to make available as well to any interested parties. Depending on your interest and the timing with which you let me know plus other logistics, some of these items may be able to be included in Christmas Cards packages. One thing I want to highlight quickly before proceeding:

A number of items you see below may be large and cause increased shipping charges, so I may ask for special considerations for them (help with shipping, a specific trade offer, etc.). That said, I'll do everything I can do accommodate everyone.

I'm hoping everyone will be considerate with their claims. But again, I'm also motivated to clear this stuff out as best as I can before I decide to post some of it on TCDB and/or throw boxes of commons back on Facebook/Nextdoor to get it out of my life!

Set fillers range from "not a whole lot" to "5000 count box full of it!" and my priority would be to help finish folks' sets, but I'm not necessarily against helping player collectors either. Complete sets are self-explanatory and near sets are on offer before I decide to see about possibly completing them myself. 

With all that explanation out of the way, please take a look over what's available below and leave me a comment/email/Twitter message with what you're interested in!

Set fillers:

1988:
Pacific Legends I

1989:

Bowman
Bowman
Fleer

1990:

Bowman
Fleer
Score
1991:
Donruss

1994:
Finest (some claimed)

Topps
Ultra (mostly Series 2)

1995:
Donruss (mostly Series 1)
Finest
Leaf  (Series 1)
Pinnacle
Score (mostly Series 1)
Stadium Club
Ultra (mostly Series 1)

1996:
Bowman
Bowman Foil
Donruss
Finest (Bronze only) (some claimed)
Flair (Silver base with gold foil) (some claimed)
Flair (Gold base with silver foil) (some claimed)
Fleer (not a lot)
Leaf
Pinnacle (Series 1)
Score
Score Dugout Collection (Series 1 and 2)
Select

Topps

1997:
Donruss
Finest (Common only)
2015:
Topps

Complete/near/starter sets:
  • 1994 Ultra Series 2: missing 7 cards
  • 1996 Finest Series 2 bronze only (110 cards)
    • 2x complete sets (both claimed)
    • 1 set missing 3 cards
    • 1 set missing 8 cards
  • 1996 Leaf: missing 1 card
  • 1996 Score
    • 2x complete sets (both claimed)
    • 1 set missing 1 card
    • 3x Series 1 complete sets
  • 1997 Donruss: missing 8 cards
  • 1997 Finest Series 1: missing 1 card (claimed)
Other stuff:
Danbury Mint McGwire/Sosa '98 Home Run Chase medallion book

Super Bowl XXXIV (2000, Rams over Titans) commemorative football in original packaging

1990-91 Pro Set Super Bowl XXV Silver Anniversary complete set (unopened) (checklist here)

1984 Olympics Series 1 Collector Pins set with original box, case, and certificates (claimed)

6x 1991 Fleer football rack packs (42 cards per pack)

Souvenir cups (1/3)
(L-R, top to bottom)
Jacobs Field inaugural season (14 available)
Tigers #1 (2 available)
Tigers #2
Mets 2008
Cubs lenticular
Cubs #1
Cubs #2 (2 available)
Souvenir cups (2/3)
(L-R, top to bottom)
Magic Johnson (claimed)
Dominique Wilkins
Reggie Miller
Alonzo Mourning (2 available)
Larry Bird
Michael Jordan (1 claimed, 1 available)
Detroit Pistons Vipers (Vipers first season)
Souvenir cups (3/3)
(L-R, top to bottom)
Cleveland Browns
Clemson
2009 Final 4
Super Bowl XL
Notre Dame #1
Purdue
2008 March Madness
Bob Probert
Notre Dame #2
1999 Michigan Football #1
1999 Michigan Football #2
Steve Yzerman

Once again, please comment/email/DM me on Twitter with whatever you're interested in and we'll go from there!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dennis. I'd like to claim the 1984 Olympic pins if they're still available please. I can also help you out with shipping costs too. I actually worked at the '84 Olympics (LA Coliseum & Sports Arena).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andy! I'll email you. That's very cool.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to post mine...sometime this year lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush, it was definitely a LOT! Glad you enjoyed :D

      Delete