Saturday, December 19, 2020

Announcing 2020 Christmas Cards!

It's about time for one of my favorite yearly traditions: Christmas cards! Not the Hallmark kind, mind you, but the kind we all love to collect. I'm happy to announce this evening that despite everything that's happened this year, I'll be continuing my own version of a secret-ish Santa in 2020.

Of course, because I haven't been able to get out to a show--my biggest source of quantities of cards for packages--since March, fewer of these will be going out this year, and they'll be smaller than usual on average.

That said, the eight-to-ten folks on my "good" list who are getting presents from Grandy Claus (Verlandy Claus?) should still be reasonably happy, I think. In many cases I grabbed a few things for them during COMC's recent sales, such as player collection items or cards to help with wantlists. It's not much, but hopefully I can make it up to everyone when shows are back on the menu.

Speaking of COMC, while I didn't love forking over the additional credit for expedited shipping, mainly to overcome their singleminded focus on eBay auctions to the detriment to every single other aspect of their service, I will say that they held up their end of the bargain, not only shipping on time, but even a few days earlier than estimated. However,
Louis "DeLay" DeJoy's intentionally crippled USPS stopped reading at "held up" and have stepped in to do just that, meaning it's pretty unlikely the cards will get to me in time for them out to everyone before the big day where everyone celebrates the Winter Solstice. That possibility is about as likely as tonight's twice-seen Sean Bean surviving an entire show or movie.

I can live with that, though. It's not like there's anything I can do about it, plus the thought of those of you getting cards from me getting to enjoy opening one more present after Christmas is kind of nice.

I may make an announcement when I've managed to get everything shipped, assuming it gets to my state from Washington safely, but otherwise, some of you should be watching your mailboxes throughout the rest of the month.

In the meantime, stay tuned for either a roundup or individual posts covering the Christmas cards that were sent to me by some very cool people who are also feeling the holiday spirit!

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what else was sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Mr. Bean (not that Mr. Bean) above said, they're coming!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that video really sums it up! Just like every year, its great seeing blogger packages flying around the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And that's one of my favorite LTC songs, always love playing it this time of year.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what the average US postal employee thinks of DeJoy and his shenanigans. He's shady... and just hearing his name makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Looking forward to things being better depending on what happens with the Georgia runoffs. More mail moving faster is good for everyone!

      Delete
  4. The post office in general is such a clusterfuck. I'm waiting for a package that was shipped by the seller promptly.. and then it sat in the Louisville PO for four days. COMC is a mess, too. I'm happy I got my cards before Christmas (because there were gifts in that order) but I have no plans to purchase anything from them in the near future.

    On a positive note, I can't wait to see what you're getting and giving in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two recent COMC orders actually shipped early but that won't end up mattering because USPS is so far behind. Meanwhile Trump's stupid ass is praising UPS and FedEx even though they shunt off what they can't handle (which is almost everything) to the Post Office.

      I should have the other Christmas card posts up soon and at some point in the (near?) future you'll have some stuff from me to post as well!

      Delete