Wednesday, June 12, 2019

2019 trade package #14: Dion's IP Autos Only

I'm back for a second day in a row because I've got an easy job today, posting a single card!  Back in late April I was checking out the day's post on A Pack to Be Named Later (one of the first card blogs I followed years ago) and saw a pack break by Dion of Dion's IP Autos Only that interested me:
An eight card set honoring this year's NFL Hall of Famers.  That group includes a few players I know well, such as Champ Bailey, Tony Gonzalez, and Ed Reed.  So why was this pack relevant to my interests?  Well, the 2019 class also features this guy, whose card Dion was nice enough to send my way for an unwanted auto (naturally):
Former Michigan CB Ty LawLaw was a very talented DB for the Wolverines in the early/mid 90s that was selected by the Pats at #23 overall in 1995, and he was actually teammates with recent Michigan draftee Maurice Hurst's dad.  His career highlights include Super Bowl rings in 2001 and 2003 (plus 2004, though he barely played due to injury), 53 career picks (seven that went for TDs), and five Pro Bowl selections.  He twice led the league in interceptions and was named to the sport's All-2000s decade second team.

Law was a guy that came up big when it counted, scoring a pick-six against Kurt Warner's Rams in '01 and intercepting five-headed friend of racists/garbage pizza place owner Papa John Peyton Manning three times in the AFC title game.  Stints with the Jets, Chiefs, and Broncos followed before he called it a career after the 2009 season.

Most of that was from the linked sources above and you can see some of those key stats on the back, which I've included for the sake of completeness:
Congratulations to Ty on his deserved election to Canton where he'll rightfully be remembered with the greats.

And many thanks to Dion for an easy first deal.  I look forward to making more trades with you in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool of Dion to send you this Ty Law card. I can't stand Papa John but I can't hate Peyton Manning. In fact I think he should take over the whole franchise and re-brand it now that Schnatter's been shamed out of his own company.

    Also, I've been trying to get a Brett Favre HOF Class card but the COMC seller who has them just wont budge from his $10 asking price. Not sure if the Law sells for that much, but I'm sure that Dion saved you some cash and some trouble tracking this down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may want to check with Dion on the Favre since he apparently didn't mind breaking up his set to flip me the Law. While I possibly could have found a decent deal online, you hit the nail on the head that he was nice enough to save me money and time. Anyway, $10 is more than I'd pay for the whole pack, much less the Favre!

      Delete
  2. Not sure how I wasn't following you on Twitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you weren't easy to find either because I hadn't added you. Glad we both fixed that!

      Delete