Sunday, January 18, 2015

2014 COMC purchase: the Wizard of plaques

Here's a quick post to catch me up on my final COMC purchase of 2014 while rooting for the Patriots against the Colts.

I've been chipping away at the 2002 Fleer Classics HOF Plaques set ever since grabbing a nice chunk of the set at a show last year.  By the time COMC's Boxing Day sale rolled around I was just four cards short; unfortunately most of those are big names and therefore expensive.  However, I did luck out and tackle card #30 in the set at a nice price:
This here is Ozzie Smith's card, and though I'm not showing the back yet (saving those for the upcoming post when I show off the completed set), I'll tell you that it's numbered to to 2002, the year in which he was inducted into the Hall.  I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the best scan ever, but I promise to do my best when it's showtime for the whole thing.

That leaves Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Stan Musial before I can call this complete (wantlist is here).

Stay tuned for a few trade posts and a show recap very soon!  Oh yeah, and go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment