Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Celebrating a division title with a few Bills for a few bills

I wasn't trying to get all Xzibit with the title, but it'll make sense in a minute.

For now, first I want to properly celebrate and congratulate the Tigers on their second consecutive AL Central Division title.  There were plenty of times this season where things looking embarrassingly iffy for such a talented (and well-paid) team, but the Tigs buckled down and got it done.  I look forward to the playoffs again, because as everyone knows, anything can happen come October (see:  2006 World Series). Hopefully next we'll be celebrating the newest member of the Triple Crown club, and if that happens, you know you'll be seeing something right here.
And now we go from potential winners to actual winners, namely a guy who won it all in 1968:
Bill Freehan 2004 UD Legends Timeless Teams 1968 auto
Bill Freehan 2005 UD Past Time Pennants Signatures Gold
Bill Freehan 2006 Greats of the Game auto

That's three new Freehan autos for my burgeoning PC of the former star catcher.  I picked up all three on eBay recently, and surprisingly (considering how prices had looked the last few months), I snagged each of them for under $10, and that's including shipping.  All three of these are really, really nice in my opinion, though if I was pressed to pick a favorite I'd go with the GOTG card on the grounds that it has what I consider the nicest combination of design and photo.  But seriously, I couldn't possibly go wrong here, and I'm thrilled to be adding all of them.

I'm now up to 11 hits--two relics, eight autos and a plate--and 30 overall Freehans in that PC, with more on the way via COMC.  I promise to show each and every one of those off just as soon as I have them in hand.  Between now and then, I hope we'll all be watching Cabrera and Verlander leading us deep into October!

No comments:

Post a Comment