Friday, June 1, 2012

A Blowout trade and a blaster

Another Blowout trade:

I do like to highlight the occasions where I manage to make a deal on the Blowout forums because I like it sometimes when I engage in the best part of the hobby instead of throwing money at it.  Anyway, someone in the football section had decided to work on the 2011 Topps Super Bowl Legend Die-Cut set--a fairly ambitious project, in reality--and he needed one of the cards I still had remaining in-hand, Jim Elway.  Swapping that card allowed me to make the following upgrade:  
At least, I considered Elway to Montana an upgrade.  Incidentally, I threw it in my football trade bait album since the former Notre Dame star doesn't exactly have a place in my PC.  If any of you has some interest, make me an offer as I'll be happy to upgrade it with something even more useful for my PC!

A blaster!  (Wait, you bought a blaster?):

Only my second retail purchase of the year, I couldn't pass up this offer while grabbing a few last-minute, pre-Memorial day things at Meijer:
That's six packs of 2008 UD Masterpieces for $6, a deal I'll take any day of the week, despite the fact that I already have the complete base set.  You just can't go wrong with a set that looks this artistic!

Besides the usual assortment of base cards (all available, except a Brady, so shoot me wantlists if you have them), I pulled a couple nice surprises:
The T.O. is the Green Border insert and is #d 69/75.  The Stewart is the standard Captured on Canvas jersey relic, and was a nice bonus out of a $6 blaster for sure.  Both of these are available for trade along with the Montana, so if you see something you like, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment