Thursday, December 29, 2011

A December You Complete Me AND Rainbow Additions

This post would have come sooner but I had decided to consolidate everything into one post and part of this haul only arrived today after the Sportlots seller neglected to, you know, actually ship the cards to me until this week, though we worked that out without incident.

So, what do I have for you today?  How about one eBay purchase and two Sportlots packages that equal two new rainbow cards and a bunch of baseball set wantlist help?


Gonna gonna gonna gonna gonna gonna buy me a rainbow, continued:


A quick purchase on eBay (I'm not letting these suckers get away as they're getting rarer) netted me this guy:

This is the Emerald jersey version from that rainbow I've been working on so hard for the last couple months.  This simple but pinstriped jersey is numbered out of 25, making it one of the rarer versions I have in the group, though I do have two /10 and two others /25.  It's a sharp card and I'm glad I picked one up that includes a nice Cubbies pinstripe.  This card goes along well with...
this Light Blue version of the jersey.  Much more common as it's #d /200, it's nonetheless an important part of the set.  This one arrived as part of the Sportlots package I was impatiently waiting for this morning, and it means there's only one card left on my wantlist that's numbered as high as 100--the Red jersey, which I have yet to see anywhere up to this point.  I'm now just seven cards away from the 30-card rainbow, and including that Red jersey, the average numbering dips to 28; make it 16.5 as soon as I pick that one up.  While I'm mentioning stats, how about a hand for the new leader in hits in any of my PCs now that Hill's 35 have surpassed Jake Long's 34 to take the crown?

You Complete Me, including an actual completed set:


As I mentioned, two packages, which I'll combine into one.


2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints:  1 (complete)
2002 Bowman:  2
2004 Topps Traded (set 2):  14
2005 Fleer Tradition:  17 (only need 2)
2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites:  2
2005 Topps Chrome:  19
2008 Topps Series 2 (set 2): 1
2008 Upper Deck Heroes:  10 (only need 3)
2009 Bowman:  10 (only need 4)
2009 Bowman Prospects: 8 (only need 6)
2009 Bowman WBC Prospects:  2 (only need 2)
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects:  7
Totals:  93 cards, 12 sets, 1 complete

I'm obviously most excited about completing the 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints set since I already went ahead and did a post about it on Tuesday.  Getting that final card, the Andres Galarraga 1986, was the impetus for the first of the pair of buys, and it led to a few more cards from 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites, 2009 Bowman and 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects.  The Light Blue Rich Hill above spurred the other buy which included lots more cards from the other sets listed and put a nice dent in most of those.    By my count I have nine sets that need 10 cards or fewer, meaning another Sportlots run may not be far behind.


Now that I've blogged all of that, I'm not sure what else will follow because I have nothing else in the pipeline at the moment.  Still, a new year, college bowls and a potential Lions playoff run leave the door open for new stuff very soon.  Until then, I hope everyone continues to enjoy the holiday season and that some of you get to enjoy the benefit of a week off like I am!

1 comment: