Saturday, September 3, 2011

A very Brady season opener

Standing Pats:


Just in time to celebrate a very exciting day--Michigan's season opener against Western Michigan, here's a couple sweet cards I just picked up:



I got one in exchange for my John Elway (for which I gave up some of my items I no longer wanted and was therefore able to get in return for my Reggie Wayne).  Because I was subsequently more motivated to grab the other one, I swapped my Joe Montana that I got with one of the three codes Ted from Crinkly Wrappers gave me.  I felt like I was playing with house money with that one, plus I'll take a Wolverine over a Domer any day.


Those trades leave me with the Bradys, plus James Harrison, Jerry Rice, Jordy Nelson and Hines Ward.  I'll probably try to do a few more swaps, but at this point everything else is gravy because I got the two I wanted the most.


On a related note, I've been following one buyer who's purchased just a ridiculous amount of codes, and despite that he STILL hasn't earned the Namath auto or all of the die cuts, plus he's only nabbed one of the rarer gold die cuts.  Maybe Topps could only get Broadway Joe to sign a couple cards because he was too busy trying to make out with Suzy Kolber.


LET'S GO BLUE!:


I am, of course, thrilled that the season opener is finally here, and I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a successful (whatever that might be) season for coach Hoke and my Wolverines.  If you thought my Michigan content skewed toward the heavy side, keep in mind the season wasn't even in full swing yet!









No comments:

Post a Comment