Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas break recap

I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas season filled with cards--of both the sports and gift variety.  For my part, my brother and sister-in-law picked me up two retail packs each of 2010 Topps Chrome football and baseball, the most notable result of which was a Jason Heyward RC.  Not bad at all.

The last week or so also brought a few interesting additions to my collection:

Yet another Wolverine eBay pickup:
I'd made a couple offers on these but hadn't been successful until a week or two ago; now I'm the proud owner of another key Chad Henne hit:
Mmm mmmm, I DO love those RPM cards!  $20 + shipping nabbed me another Michigan 2008 Absolute Memorabilia RPM card, to go along with my Manningham and Jake Long.  It's also my eighth Henne hit and only my second autograph of the beleaguered Dolphins starting QB (somebody please get this guy WRs that don't trip and allow interceptions!).

Group break booty (finally):
Many of you were probably waiting on your cards from Georgia Mindset's 2010 Bowman Chrome group break a while back.  I know I was.  Anyway, they showed up out of the blue just before I left for home last week, and included was this gem:
Fields was the guy I hoped to get from the break when I picked the Tigers.  He initially committed to play for Michigan, but signed with the team that employs his dad as a coach, which was understandable since he was a decently high pick despite his demands.  Hopefully he blossoms into Detroit's next young star.

Dial dayf for Murder:
Last week dayf found some sweet cards that were way cheaper than they deserved to be and decided to share the spoils with his loyal readers, for free no less, which allowed me to pick up this bad boy:
That's a well-worn 1972 Topps Killer, a much loved card of a much under appreciated former slugger.  Thanks, dayf, and I promise I'll get you back with something good eventually!

More to come:
I made a couple more Blowoutcards forums purchases over the holidays as well, and I should be getting those in the next week or so, at which point you'll see them here as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards! I was also in a Bowman Chrome case break, had the Tigers and got a Daniel Fields auto. I originally signed up to try and get Jacob Turner but he was pulled from the checklist at the last second. For the record, Bruce Fields is no longer a coach in the Tigers system--I think he may be with the Indians now.

    Keep up the great work on the blog. It is eerie how similar our interests are, with the only difference being that I haven't made the leap into football cards (with the exception of 2009 Topps Magic). Go Tigers and Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete