|Why? Because crazy fun free giveaway contests automatically mean Matthew Lesko, that's why!|
As if I haven't been teasing this for a while. I'm giving away lots of cards, then giving away MORE in the form of a contest to make sure people take cards away from me.
1. To clear space
2. To get cards into the hands of people that want them
3. Seriously, I have a lot of stuff I don't really want, and it's not like space grows on trees. Cards sort of do, though, when you really think about it.
4. To spur a bit more trading, since I don't really have much in the way of trade bait anymore.
5. It's fun!
I'm trying to keep this as simple and fair as possible, but I still have a few guidelines:
1. Each of these lots is absolutely free. I'm hoping it'll get some of you trading with me (if you aren't already), but there's zero obligation here.
2. All claims for lots should be made in the comments of this post only. That assures that everyone can see who's claiming what and solves any issues of who claimed what first.
3. Also, I won't allow any anonymous comments; either post with an account that's linked to your email, or provide your email address, even if you just say "myemail at gmail" or something. I don't want to have to track down "firstname.lastname@example.org" 20 times!
4. Claim as many lots as you want, but don't be a dick and claim them all!
5. Because of shipping costs, I reserve the right to deny claims for larger lots (or prizes) to participants outside of the country (including Canada). A medium-sized bubble mailer is fine, I just don't want to pay like $50 to send something larger than that (sorry!).
6. Each lot has an assigned number of contest entries based on how much I want to get rid of it, but I'll try to make things as fair as possible. Just look for the number inside parentheses after the lot title/description.
7. An additional contest entry per person can be had by pimping the giveaway/contest on your blog. Please just comment anytime with a link to prove it. As you'll see, the more people we get involved, the better it will get for everyone!
8. What I consider the top prize, the Tulo auto, will only become available if all of my highest-priority lots I want to get rid of get claimed. Those will be denoted in red/bold, and, as I've said, will also earn you the most entries. There are 10 of these.
9. I'm going to run this contest for up to two weeks, from Sunday, 6/8 to Sunday, 6/22 at 11:59 p.m. EST, or until everything is claimed, whichever comes first.
10. I will then take every one of the entries, randomize them, and then the top 11 different participants will get to choose among the prizes (below) draft-style. I'll also try to throw in something extra (small insert sets or other things) for everyone else who participates while supplies and space last.
11. In the interest of transparency, I'm posting a Google Drive spreadsheet of the entries for all to see at the very bottom of this post.
12. Once the lots and prizes are claimed at the end of the giveaway/contest, I'll ship everything out.
I'll keep this post updated so everyone knows who's claimed what. Again, please comment on this post only--don't pick another one or email me directly!
Troy Tulowitzki auto
2008 UD baseball Series 1&2 jumbo pack blaster (five packs/36 cards)
2014 UD football value pack
2013 Panini Triple Play baseball value pack
Random 100-card baseball value pack
Verlander/Billingsley/Carmona/Chamberlain quad jersey
Warren Moon and Julio Jones jerseys
Shawn Crable auto and Prescott Burgess jersey
2008 Donruss EEE complete set 1-100
2014 UD football Star Rookies complete set (51-150) and Luck Heroes set (1-10)
Manziel 2014 UD RC
Plus as many others as I can find for all non-winning participantsThe lots:
As you'll see, there's a lot of variety here. Please feel free to ask more about the lots, though I'm not going to list specifics for every group. The team/player lots are generally a mix of base/inserts, and there's definitely some doubles (and up) in there. The sizes of the lots varies, and I tried to give a bit of a sense of scale in the images below.
NFL teams (1 of 3):
Arizona Cardinals (3)Claimed: Chris (Raz Card Blog) Atlanta Falcons (2)Claimed: Kyle Wong Baltimore Ravens (2)Claimed: Josh Liss Carolina Panthers (1)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining) Chicago Bears (1)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining) "State of Ohio": Cincinnati Bengals/Cleveland Browns (2)Claimed: Tim (Great Sports Name Hall of Fame) "State of Texas": Dallas Cowboys/Houston Texans (1)Claimed: Brian (Play at the Plate) Denver Broncos (1)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) Detroit Lions (1)Claimed: Chuck Bartz
NFL teams (2 of 3):
"Wisconsin/Minnesota": Green Bay Packers/Minnesota Vikings (1)Claimed: Chris (Raz Card Blog) Indianapolis Colts (1)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining) Jacksonville Jaguars (3)Claimed: Eric Eckstein Kansas City Chiefs (3)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) Miami Dolphins (2)Claimed: Roger (Cool Breeze Baseball Buzz) "What's News?": New England Patriots/New Orleans Saints/New York Giants/New York Jets (2)Claimed: Max (Starting 9) "West Coast Party": Oakland Raiders/San Francisco 49ers/Seattle Seahawks (1)Claimed: Chuck Bartz "State of Pennsylvania": Philadelphia Eagles/Pittsburgh Steelers (1)Claimed: Josh Liss San Diego Chargers (2)Claimed: defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown) St. Louis Rams (1)Claimed: Stewart65 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2)Claimed: Eric Eckstein Tennessee Titans (2)Claimed: Stewart65 Washington Redskins (1)Claimed: Curtis (Condition Sensitive) "All College Unis": what the title says (2)Claimed: Kyle Wong "University of Virginia football alumni": also what the title says (1)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) Atlanta Braves (1)Claimed: Chris (Nachos Grande) Colorado Rockies (1)Claimed: Curtis (Condition Sensitive) Detroit Tigers (2)Claimed: Pat (Hot Corner Cards) Florida Marlins (4)Claimed: Tim (Great Sports Name Hall of Fame) Kansas City Royals (1)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) San Diego Padres (4)Claimed: defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown) Assorted base lot (doesn't include teams above) (2)Claimed: Jack (Baseball Dad) Assorted insert lot (doesn't include teams above) (1)Claimed: Brian (Play at the Plate) Assorted 1980s vintage lot (doesn't include teams above) (2)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining)
Garret Anderson (1)Claimed: Matt (Bob Walk the Plank) Carl Crawford/David Price (1)Claimed: Matt (Bob Walk the Plank) Prince Fielder (1)Claimed: Tony (Off Hiatus Baseball) Brian Giles (1)Claimed: defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown) Troy Glaus (1)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) Mark McGwire (1)Claimed: Max (Starting 9) Oakland A's: Eric Chavez/Johnny Damon/Jason Giambi/Mark Mulder/Barry Zito (2)Claimed: Mark (Baseball Nation) Alex Rodriguez (1)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining) C.C. Sabathia (1)Claimed: Jack (Baseball Dad) Sammy Sosa (1)Claimed: Triple Play Autos Alfonso Soriano (1)Claimed: Jim (GCRL)
Baseball complete sets:
1990 Topps Traded (2)Claimed: Pat (Hot Corner Cards) 1997 Donruss Rookie Update (a.k.a. Series 2) (2)Claimed: Swing and a Popup 1998 Skybox Dugout Axcess (2)Claimed: Swing and a Popup 1999 Topps Series 2 (Includes Sosa HR card) (4)Claimed: Tony (Off Hiatus Baseball) 2000 Fleer Tradition Update (opened) (1)Claimed: Doug (Sports Cards From the Dollar Store) 2001 UD Evolution (1)Claimed: Al Kawamoto (Hockey Kazi)
1999-2000 Topps complete set (minus rookies) (2)Claimed: Mark (Baseball Nation) 2000-2001 Topps complete set (minus rookies) (2)Claimed: Alex (Chavez Ravining) Huge lot of basketball base and inserts (both piles on the bottom) (5)Claimed: Brian (Play at the Plate)
Starter sets (multiple sports):
2001 Upper Deck MVP football: 290/330, including many Rookies (5)Claimed: Greg (Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle) 2008 Score football: 153 cards, including 12 Rookies (2)Claimed: Chuck Bartz 2012 Upper Deck football (Star Rookies): 51 cards, all different (1)Claimed: Chris (Raz Card Blog) 1999-2000 Topps basketball: missing five cards (#73 82 121 125 210) (4)Claimed: Chris (Raz Card Blog) 1998-1999 Topps basketball #1: missing one card (#65) (2)Claimed: Roger (Cool Breeze Baseball Buzz) 1998-1999 Topps basketball #2: missing nine cards (#7 32 65 76 97 113 156 161 165) (4)Claimed: Chris (Raz Card Blog) 2014 Topps Olympics: 32 different, plus one double (2)Claimed: Al Kawamoto (Hockey Kazi)
The contest entries: