Monday, June 4, 2018

2018 eBay purchase: brought to you by the letter "L"

It's been a busy last couple weeks for me--my birthday, friends visiting, Deadpool 2 and Solo, plus a Tigers game and card show in the same day!  I finally found some time to post again, though, and this evening I'm showing off one of my more exciting pickups from this year:
Setting me back $11 delivered at the tail end of May this is another of Rich Hill's 2008 SP Authentic manu-letter patch autos.  Take a good look because this is the last time I'll be posting one of these as a new pickup, catch my drift?
That's right, I finished up Hill's nameplate to go along with the "C-U-B-S" version I'd previously knocked off:
If that doesn't give you a
 "Shiiiiiiiirrrrrrre.........Baaaaaagginnnnnnssssss" kind of vibe, I don't know what to tell you.

Anyway, the two "L" cards--this one plus one I grabbed at the end of February--completed the project for me and I can now proudly display them whenever I figure out how I'd like to show off all of my completed nameplates.  As a reminder you can always see those (plus my finished rainbows and other related projects) right here or hit the tab with the same name up top.

That makes 132 different Hill hits in my Michigan Baseball PC and 291 total cards overall.  Hooray for another completed project!

Coming up soon I'll have a trade package, card show and Tigers game report, and more!

4 comments:

  1. You are the nameplate king! My crowning achievement was the Noel Devine "Mountaineers" nameplate, but I cheated. A seller sold them off together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, though I'm sure someone in the blogging community is better than I am, but I'm very happy that I've been able to complete a few of those and not just be stuck with some unfinished ones.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing. Wished I could finish up, well start a name plate. It's on the hobby bucket list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protip: pick someone with a short last name!

      Delete