Sunday, May 20, 2018

2018 eBay purchase: maybe not Cy Young, but Cyan's good

Well I must have finally caught up because I'm posting the last of my in-hand pickups and they're even from this month!  Around two weeks ago I won two auctions for high-end cards of a couple of my favorite PC guys (the other is on TMM this afternoon) and now I'm showing them off before a possible lull in trade posts and other acquisitions; COMC and Sportlots stuff will likely be incoming next month.

Here's what I have for you today:
What can I say?  Rich Hill plates pop up on eBay and I win as many of them as I can!  My 19th 1/1 of the Dodgers lefty who's off to a blistered (and not blistering, unfortunately) start to 2018 is a Cyan Plate from his appearance in last year's flagship Series 2 product, a.k.a. this guy:
I snagged it for a bit under $10 delivered which is right in my wheelhouse, though I typically don't mind throwing down a bit more for my favorites like Hill.  I'm hoping another extended stay on the DL lets him get right and back to the fun pitcher he's been the last few seasons.

And now I get to do one of my favorite things in a post:  updating the number of 1/1s in my collection and being astonished by the total every time.  Today's count:  105!  While we're talking numbers I'm currently 10 away from getting to the 300-card mark in Rich's PC.  Not bad!

If you like football high-end stuff too please head over to TMM this afternoon while you're in the reading mood.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool to see your Rich Hill and 1/1 collections growing. And catching up on backlogged posts/pickups has to be satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris, and you're definitely right about that!

      Delete
  2. Nineteen 1 of 1 Hills? Very impressive. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fuji! That's a long time in the making but it's been worth it.

      Delete
  3. That's quite the hill pc! I don't even have 5 1/1 in my 4,000+ ny giants pc lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll see if I can help with that. I went a long time without collecting 1/1s myself but you'd be surprised how cheaply you can get some of them, especially if you chase the Ryan Nassibs instead of the Eli Mannings.

      Delete