Saturday, December 16, 2017

Shipment update: packaging...shipped!

I'll get back to "regular" posts soon but tonight I wanted to share some season's greetings and let some of you know that you have some Christmas cards on the way from me!  In addition to a package I sent out on Thursday, here's a look at what I packaged and mailed today:
Ok, that's not nearly festive enough.  Just a minute...
Much better.

Anyway, so this post isn't too short, here's a few stats on what's going out:

  • 16 total packages
    • 1 bubble envelope
    • 2 PWEs
    • 5 medium flat-rate boxes
    • 8 flat-rate padded envelopes
  • 13 states (plus Canada) will be receiving them
  • Around $142 spent in postage
  • ??? total cards (and more...) since I didn't count
  • ??? total weight (I thought the receipts would tell me but I guess they don't when you do flat-rate packages)
  • Expected delivery dates of this coming Wednesday and Thursday for most
In some cases I sent out stuff I was generally getting rid of, but I did a nice amount of shopping at shows and on COMC and eBay for a number of you.  I look forward to seeing trade posts go up before and after Christmas as giving is my favorite thing to do this time of year and I love to see everyone's reactions!

May everyone reading this here blog have a happy and safe holiday season and hopefully enjoy some Christmas cardboard!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, JBF! I'm not trade-bombing anybody, though--there can only be one! You and I should definitely trade sometime, though.

      Delete
  2. Wow dude. That's impressive. Can't Wait To SEE WHO Got them AND WHAT'S within

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be particularly interested...hint hint...

      Delete
    2. Not sure why my phone capitalize some parts of my comment, but your reply has me very interested now lol

      Delete
  3. And a very Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you commented as well since this post is pretty relevant to you too, Mr. T!

      Delete
  4. $142 in postage? That breaks my record by almost $60. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I don't know why I'm not getting comment notification emails from almost all of you
      2. Yeah, it was a lot, but I definitely got my money's worth out of the flat-rate shipping--that pile of boxes was HEAVY! I like having the tracking and small amount of insurance just in case, and I don't think I would have saved much, if anything, just using regular mailers because of what I was sending...especially your package!
      3. Ok seriously, I'm not gonna tell every single person that comments whether or not to expect something from me!

      Delete
    2. LOL. You'd think that after years and years of doing this... they (Blogger) would figure out the whole comment notification thing.

      Delete
    3. WOWZA! Received the SUPER heavy box in the mail today. I can't wait to tear into it next week during my week off. Lol... I'm curious to see if you sent me cards or bricks. Pretty sure this is in the running for heaviest card package of 2017 for me. Thanks in advance buddy!

      Delete
    4. I TOLD you some of those were heavy and in some cases I really got my money's worth!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's two, but two more will do: Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the huge box! I will have something lined up for you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Received my mailer yesterday. Insanity indeed!!

    Way above and beyond Dennis, thank you very much. Posts (plural, yes) to come.

    ReplyDelete