Sunday, June 11, 2017

June: your Griffeys

This is not a drill:  at long last I'm finally getting around to posting the remainder of my Griffey/Gwynn/Maddux/Ripken cards that hadn't made it into their albums yet.  It involved a lot of scanning and identifying since the cards in question were sorted by player, but that was it.  They came to my collection via older purchases--as singles and from packs/boxes--and various trade packages, plus possibly other sources I can't think of off the top of my head.

Naturally I'm starting with Ken Griffey Jr.  There's a reason I opted to get this post up sooner rather than later--I do have a couple great trade packages plus lots of pickups from elsewhere--but you'll have to wait a bit to see why.

Anyway, last July I posted some of my favorites from my Griffey collection after getting everything of his from my complete sets scanned, and now I'm adding another 130+ to his album, temporarily making him the king of my PCs.  Here's some of the ones I liked the most, broken down into themes just like last time:

That swing, tho:

A few favorite sets:

The oddball kid:

In the Club:

In the field:

Junior being Junior:


The newest Red:

24:

Curtain call:

I might still have a few things up my sleeve to scan and post (not including some Juniors from recent purchases and trade packages!) but I now have the vast majority of my Griffey PC scanned, and as of this post it stands at 584 cards (or 46 short of his career HR total).  Please make sure to check out the others I added to his album and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great gallery!

    Thanks for passing some Kens onto me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy a SI for Kids card. Nice lot of Griffeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember to send you some Griffeys, I have a lot of duplicates since he's my main PC

    ReplyDelete