For reals, though, he's a good person known for being very generous, especially when it comes to sending out PWEs. He's even willing to send me his unwanted Red Wings even though his team is our hated rival, the Blackhawks. To be fair, though, the 2014-15 champs are a very well-run organization (just like the Wings!) and have won multiple cups in a short span of time (just like the Wings!) and I have to give them their due for knowing how to put together a team...
...just like Jeff knows how to put together a PWE! I like the Wings, I like cards in multiples of nine that scan easily, and I loved this stuff that he sent my way:
- Justin Abdelkaer -- BOOOOO, a Spartan, though a good contributor for the Wings
- Jimmy Carson -- the guy traded in the deal that brought Paul Coffey to Detroit
- Chris "Chev" Chelios
- Dino Ciccarelli x2
- Paul Coffey x 3 -- the HOF defenseman who was traded to Hartford in the deal that brought Brendan Shanahan (and multiple cups!) to Detroit
- Matthieu Dandenault -- another multiple Cup-winner with the Wings
- Sergei Fedorov -- if you don't know who he is, you weren't watching hockey in the 90s
- Glen Hanlon -- a former goalie who went on to coach the Caps
- Gordie Howe -- I dunno, some old guy
- Greg Johnson -- a former standout at North Dakota
- Slava Kozlov -- one of the members of the Russian Five!
- Martin Lapointe -- had an excellent career with the Wings, Bruins, and...HAWKS!
- Nick Lidstrom x 2 -- the best defenseman of my era and one of the greatest at the position of all time
- Chris Osgood -- well-known Wings goalie won three Cups and was a great return story in 2008
- Xavier Ouellet -- a recent D prospect drafted in 2011
- Keith Primeau -- 3rd overall pick in '90, he never won a Cup with the Wings but was a force for his entire Detroit tenure (and was part of the deal for Shanahan)
- Yves Racine -- Wings first-rounder in '87, he went on to have a long pro career
- Brendan Shanahan -- huge part of Wings resurgence in the 90s is now Toronto's president and hired Mike Babcock away from his old team!
- Brendan Smith -- former Hobey Baker finalist at Wisconsin is now a regular on Detroit's blue line
- Steve Yzerman -- I'm pretty sure that "C" on his sweater stands for "Champion"
- Steve Chiasson -- (whoops, he should have been in the first scan!) former D-man sadly died after driving drunk in 1999. His son was a senior at Michigan last year
- Henrik Zetterberg x2 -- late-round Swedish gem hasn't been as much of a force since the late aughts but was a key component on Detroit's last Cup-winning team in '08
Thanks again, Jeff! I actually have a few things set aside for you and I'll shoot them your way sometime soon. In the meantime, enjoy your revels in the afterglow of another Chicago Cup!