Wednesday, April 29, 2015

2015 Justcommons purchase: 2 (times 6) many Grandersons

I'm back today (finally) with more player collection purchases from Justcommons, this time representing former blog namesake Curtis Granderson:
Curtis Granderson 2002 Bowman Draft RC
I've had the Chrome version of Grandy's RC for quite a while but until now had never pulled the trigger on the base card until now.  Both cards look great side-by-size in my baseball rookies album, and his other rookie from that year's Topps 206 product would complete the trio nicely.
Curtis Granderson 2006 Topps Turkey Red Red
Back in '06 Curtis had a Turkey Red card plus this RED Turkey Red version.  What's red squared anyways? 
Curtis Granderson 2007 Topps Generation Now #GN523, 525, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 544
No point in posting these individually!  I tracked down seven more of these Generation Now inserts from '07 Topps to give me a total of 15, almost have of the run--31 cards, or Granderson's doubles total in 2006.
Curtis Granderson 2008 Topps Heritage (#535)
"Happy Granderson in a Tigers uniform" just doesn't get old.  The '08 Heritage set looked pretty good too, so why not?  By the way, I noted the number here because Curtis also appears on a short-print with Magglio Ordonez.
Curtis Granderson 2008 Topps Opening Day Gold (#0064/2199)
I managed to throw in a numbered card for fun as well.  This Gold parallel from '08 Opening Day is pretty cool since I love the "real" serial-numbering, but I think I actually prefer the base version with its interesting red border.  While we're talking about Opening Day, let's take a quick look at Grandy's 2008 performance in that year's opener on March 31:  no stats.  Oh, he didn't play that day in an 11-inning 5-4 loss to the Royals thanks to Detroit's bullpen (which sounds oddly familiar, no?).  Oh yeah, he started that season on the DL with a broken finger after an excellent 2007, and the Tigers started the season 0-7 on the way to missing the playoffs again.

I'm happily adding today's 12 new cards to Granderson's collection for a new total of 81!

2 comments:

  1. I just opened a box of 2006 Turkey Red for my joint operation with The Card Papoy. Pretty cool set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'm interested in seeing how that turned out for you guys.

      Delete