Friday, July 18, 2014

2014 trade package #19: Sports Cards From the Dollar Store sends me some J-eh V

Canadian blogger and generous trader extraordinaire Doug of Sports Cards From the Dollar Store sent me another action-packed trade package recently, and I'm finally getting around to showing off the goods!

As always, (and I mean always, which is great for me!) the best loot can be seen over at TMM, but that's not to say that the couple cards I have to show off over here are chopped liver:
Justin Verlander 2014 Panini Prizm Chasing the Hall
Continue to count me in as a fan of Panini's Prizm.  Maybe not an avid fan, but they've produced some fun sets and clearly deserve an MLB license.  This chromy-type insert does a reasonable job of hiding the lack of logos, as is sometimes the case, and it brings to mind the question of what JV's ultimate legacy will be in the game.  He's obviously fallen off his elite pace in the last couple years, but that might just be a bump in the road for a future HOFer.  As of this post he sits at an impressive 145 wins in his 10th season (eight and a half full seasons), with a Rookie of the Year award, the 2011 AL Cy Young AND MVP awards, two no-hitters, and six All-Star nods to his name.
Justin Verlander 2014 Topps Gold (#1938/2014)
Trades like these are great for me because I really don't like buying new Topps products anymore, but that doesn't mean there aren't cards I want to pick up, like the ubiquitous Gold parallels of my favorite players including Verlander.  This is a classic insert that should never, never go away no matter how many stupid colored parallels Topps comes up with.

Thanks again, Doug, for our eighth trade I've had to show off on this here blog!  This Tiger fan appreciates all the packages you've sent across the bridge (or through the tunnel if you prefer), and I'm happy to say that I've already started picking things up for a return.  Readers, dig out your O-Pee-Chee cards and remember them fondly, then head over to Sports Cards From the Dollar Store tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment