Friday, October 18, 2013

Attention: taking COMC trade requests

(Tigers game report from Wednesday coming soon, maybe tomorrow)

As many of you know I purchase stuff on COMC quite a bit, mainly for myself.  However, I've found it to be a very valuable source of trade bait as well.

As part of my latest package (shipping soon!), I've picked up stuff for two of my favorite trade partners.  That, plus the fact that I've still got a decent amount of room in my monthly budget, got me thinking that I should put up a notice here that I'm willing to (attempt to make offers to) purchase cards on the site for others that have seen stuff there they've wanted to buy but haven't found enough to earn $3, or just don't feel like buying from them for whatever reason.

So here's the deal:  to spur some more trading, I'm willing to take requests for COMC items in the comments of this post (or you can email me directly if you prefer).  The rules:

  • This offer is only open to people I've traded with before, plus other well-established traders (i.e. you have a blog or lots of easily-accessible references).  My judgment on this is final
  • I reserve the right to decide whether or not I'm willing to try to purchase one or more cards for you
  • I will attempt to make offers for cards, but at what point I'm willing to make an offer or give up is up to me
  • Please have an idea of what you'll have for me in trade up-front, whether it's something in-hand or an offer to buy ME something from eBay, your LCS, or whatever
  • The best way to let me know what you want is to send me direct links to those items from COMC because it makes it so much easier to find them
  • This offer is open until Sunday evening, 10/20.  I'd like to hit the "ship" button by Monday morning so I can get this latest package sent my way!
I'm hoping this gets some more trading going on over here and helps people get stuff they want with less hassle at the same time.  So what are you waiting for?  Let's get dealing!

4 comments:

  1. i recently made a comc purchase and regretted not picking up these cards. i have a cal ripken jr silk rookie reprint from 2013 topps update, a tony gwynn colgans chip insert from panini cooperstown, and some other pc cards i could trade for them. let me know. please and thanks.

    gcrl@comcastDOTnet

    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1997/Score_Heart_of_the_Order/22/Mike_Piazza/2176147

    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1997/Score_Heart_of_the_Order/24/Raul_Mondesi/2176149

    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2013/Panini_Golden_Age_Historic_Signatures/44/Tommy_Davis/6679443

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know what I really need from COMC - People of the Bible Job. For some reason, the price is a joke everywhere. I find it for a buck, which I would pay, but then they want to charge over $2 for shipping. No - put it in a PWE for a stamp, you rip off artists. So if you can scam me that Job for a buck or even less, I will pay you back for it.

    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2012/Topps_Allen_and_Ginter_Mini_People_of_the_Bible/PB4/Job/6008451

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mister, you've got yourself a deal. Got that in the cart and I'll see what I can do for ya.

      Delete