Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blowout, you complete me

Today a pair of very productive packages graced my mailbox:  I made a couple deals on Blowout this weekend--a small purchase and a trade--and ended up with the following:
Three 2008 UD Heroes cards
These four 2008 Topps Series II cards plus nine others.  I chose these because 1)  I didn't realize Topps produced women's sports cards, 2)  Dunn's had a remarkable comeback year, 3)  Chipper singled in his final All-Star Game, and 4)  I included Prado for Derek for the hell of it.  Lots of Braves!

In case you somehow didn't put it together from the title, that means I completed two more sets thanks to these pickups.  I'm definitely happy to have the excellent UD Heroes set completed, more so than my second set of '08 Topps II (which came mostly from an extra Series II box I picked up a while back).  But anytime I complete a set I consider it a cause for celebration.  Incidentally, the Topps set is available for trade if anyone can use it; otherwise I'll be working on trying to pick up another series I set to pair with it so I can trade or keep that.

Hooray for more progress towards completing sets!

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like the feeling of completing a set. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree--there's the feeling of completing TWO sets. Thanks! Figured you wouldn't mind seeing a quartet of Braves too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the completions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As much of a procrastinator as I am, I DO get things done sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! Thanks for throwing in a Prado, always a happy sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem--I mean, you don't get to keep it or anything, but then again you probably already have like 20 of that, and all the parallels too!

      Delete