In lieu of a card show I'm not going to this weekend (and because my money's probably better spent this way anyway), I went on another small but productive BlowoutCards forum spree this past week. Staying true to my general (and accidental) purchase ratio, I nabbed 11 PC cards and 13 for trade bait. First up, the PC stuff:
That's four numbered Braylon Browns jerseys from the biggest lot of the three that I purchased. A nice mix of swatches and designs. Incidentally, these four tie Braylon with Chad Henne at 23 hits for #2 in my collection, despite the following card.
autographed version that spells out "NFL", but that's a great looking football piece and I really, really like this set, so woo for more RPMs.
Three Harris autos was a nice get for me. All came from the large lot of 20 for $50, which was stuffed with Jets because that's mostly what the guy had (and made for easy trade bait with BA Benny). The two Performance autos put me up to four from that set, including the two I already had: his Bronze auto RC and jersey/auto RC. For those keeping track for some reason, I now have 10 Harris hits and all are autographed, one including a jersey and one co-featuring LaMarr Woodley. I'm very happy with this collection so far.
He's apparently with the Texans now, but more importantly, he was born in Riverdale, which at least I find funny. I wonder if his teammates call him Jughead, especially after Michigan's dominance over Minnesota.
And now the part you probably all skipped down to: the trade bait! Sorry it's almost all BA Benny-type stuff, it's just that I know we're going to trade 10 more times before Tuesday and I wanted to load up, plus the guy had mostly Jets anyway.
- Chansi Stuckey 2007 SP Authentic auto RC #0091/1199 (Pending: GSNHOF)
- Chansi Stuckey 2007 Press Pass Authentics auto (Pending: GSNHOF)
- Santana Moss 2003 Donruss Elite Masks of Steel facemask #365/400
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson 2006 Bowman Signs of the Future auto
- Leon Washington 2006 Absolute Memorabilia RPM jersey/ball/jersey RC #103/849
- Marcus Henry 2008 Topps Letterman "R" (no auto) #4/6
- Mark Clayton 2008 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold jersey or patch, black/gold, #4/25
- Maurice Jones-Drew 2007 UD Premier Premier Stitchings logo patch #74/75
- Ricky Williams 2002 Private Stock Reserve jersey
- Ray Lucas 2000 Fleer Autographics auto (Pending: GSNHOF)
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson 2006 SAGE Hit auto
- Kellen Clemens 2006 Gridiron Gear Gridiron Gems jersey/ball/jersey RC #24/50
- DeWayne Robertson 2003 Absolute Memorabilia RPM ball/jersey #505/750
Overall that was 24 cards for $64 dlvd: the Graham and Breaston for $8, the Henne and Stuckey SP Authentic for $6 and the other 20 for $50. That's about as well as I would have done at this weekend's show and I spent much less than I would have there. Plus now I have yet more trade bait for all of you--win-win!