Monday, March 21, 2011

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP, TWO trade posts in a row?

Keeping up with the themes of trade posts and the Simpsons (including a rare useful clip, where are THOSE when you need them?),


Today's arrived from Greg of the annoying to spell Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle.  Greg was another blogger to bite on my trade bait post and humbly requested the David Wright bat card that I knew someone would want.  I checked out his own trade bait page and was happy to find an autograph of a Tiger I was interested in.  But first, of course, we each threw in some extras.  I made sure he got some Matt Kemp/Clayton Kershaw/Russell Martin/Dodgers-type stuff and in return I got more Tigers.  Highlights:
Paul Gibson (chosen because of the bubble; he sucked), Danny Bautista (love the matte Fleers from the 90s), strikeout/HR machine Rob Deer, Whitaker and Tram together, another Trammell (fan favorite Bubba), a new Granderson, Ryan Perry, and a hologram commemorating Charlie Gehringer.
And the real get, of course:
A 2010 UD World of Sports auto of Casper Wells.  This is my first Wells autograph and Tigers hit #34 in the PC.  It's a very simple, non-licensed 'graph, but I'd take this over a relic any day, especially a Tiger autograph.  I also appreciate the full-bleed photo action and a great shot of Casper (hopefully) connecting.  Here's hoping he sees some time in the Detroit OF sooner rather than later.

Thanks again to Greg for a great trade.  I realize many of you have traded with him--I've seen a ton of trade posts with his name on them--but if you haven't, get down to it, you'll be glad you did.

1 comment: