Thursday, January 20, 2011

New trade post (remember those?)

It's been a little bit since I had a trade post to, uh, post, but fortunately Johnny of the new hotness that is Cards from the Quarry (warning: more purple than a day of basketball and pancakes at Prince's house) came through with some nice stuff today.  As I once did with some of you, he read my blog and hit me up about trading while also introducing me to his blog, which I'm now following (and you should too, whether or not you're a Rockies fan).  I'm always down for that, so trade we did.  I sent some Colorado stuff his way, and here's what I got back:

Why should you care about these two?  Well, you don't have to, but I do because 1) the Wertz finishes up my 1994 Topps Series I set (Yes, it took me that long.  Anybody got a Series II set they want to offload cheap?) and 2) the LoDuca puts me at the magic number of five cards left for 2006 Topps, placing it in my Five or Fewer list which is on the right sidebar down there somewhere (replacing 1994 Topps I, incidentally).  A great start!

A couple of Tigers oddballs.  What's funny is I had lots of both of these types of cards, but I don't think I had any of the Tigers, at least definitely not these two.  Not bad for filling out the package.

Some Topps Golds (which I'm still a fan of) and a Refractor-y Sheff, comprising a nice group of inserts.

Ah, my favorite of the lot, and the one Johnny originally contacted me about:  a 2010 Topps George Sisler manupatch.  The card commemorates his last Major League team as a player, the Boston Braves.  So why was I interested?  Sisler played ball (as a mechanical engineer, no less) for the Maize and Blue, which explains how he turned out alright despite being born in Ohio.  A beautiful patch of a Wolverine Hall-of-Famer.

I hope some of you get to trade with Johnny soon, but either way, do make sure to check out his blog.  Thanks again, Johnny (and may your cards arrive to you as quickly).

1 comment:

  1. "more purple than a day of basketball and pancakes at Prince's house"

    God I love that. I for real LOL'd.

    Glad to see everything came through fine. Hopefully we will be trading again in the future.

    ReplyDelete