<understatement>As mentioned occasionally on this blog</understatement>, AJ from Georgia Mindset did a group break of six boxes of 2010 Topps Chrome and two 2010 Topps Triple Threads(results aqui). He put a lot of work into this break and things went great, so throw him a bone and check out his post and YouTube video (I'm stealing a bunch of other content from him, so I'm just linking to it here).
Anyway, I got in for the Tigers and Orioles, and to my somewhat surprise I did pretty well. My biggest hits:
|Bart, your sister looks like Blossom! (and there's the requisite Simpsons reference, carry on)|
Other break stuff coming to me:
I don't recall seeing many, if any, Tigers and O's in the Triple Threads, but I probably got about 1-2 team sets each in Chrome (including the base rookies) and a Verlander Chicle or T206 or whatever, so some pretty nice results.
Again, big ups to AJ, whose breaks I will continue to participate in due to his sick pulls (oh what, you didn't see this bad boy from Triple Threads?). Next up is 2010 Bowman Chrome, which I believe he'll also be tying to a couple more Triple Threads boxes. Don't get left out in the cold this time--his prices are reasonable and his M.O. is more than fair--note that those who missed out on hits got put into a draft where they got to choose something nice, plus one lucky participant even got 24 wrappers to send back to Topps for their "No, YOU throw this crap out, Topps" promotion. Georgia Mindset: great box breaker, or GREATEST box breaker?
I knew I'd get to use my "Topps is dumb" tag again and again...
Thank you, thank you so much for letting people like "Jester" here make daily idiotic offers for the cards I actually value a little bit. By all means, please don't create some sort of mechanism that allows me to tell this person, "Jester", that his offers suck donkey balls and that he can shove his junk wax Pete Rose card up his hidey hole? In short,
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU, Topps. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU, Jester, whom I'm publicly shaming for your ridiculously bad offers since I can't do it on the MCG site.
Now that that's out of my system...ROUNDUP TIME (aka everything you probably already read if you use Google Reader or some equivalent):
- BA Benny opened up a pack of 2009 Topps Chrome and pulled (GASP) a Granderson! (and some other crap, whatever). Also featured: 2010 Topps Chrome (two Orioles FTW)
- Some guy named BA Benny, who was not at all previously mentioned just now, got a trade package from a guy whose blog's name seems to honor Curtis Granderson but hardly ever mentions him
- Dayf's in the land of 1000 Chippers (naaaaa nana na naaaaaaaa nana na naaaa nana naaaaa nana naaaaaa nana na LARRYYYYYY)
- Night Owl keeps on keeping on loving him some night cards (round 1, part 4. FIGHT)
- Crinkly Wrappers is getting ambitious with the Chromes and the rainbows and the so many colors, children, mwa-hai
- Beardy got new stuff thanks to COMC, and as a somewhat Orioles fan, I approve of this message
- Thorzul is group-breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo (seriously, though, I dunno how many that makes, but his breaks always seem to go well so check it out)
- "'O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog busted a box of 2007 Masterpieces, including meh relics and a meehhhhhh autograph, but at least the base stuff looks great
- Emerald City Diamond Gems wishes Tony Gwynn well, as we all do, even those of us whose team had their way with his in 1984
- The Daily Dimwit is contestin' it, and the prizes are pretty cool (hint: autographed rookies)
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame is also contestin' it, Bazooka-style, and round one began today
- I Don't Know....Third Base! gave away one card for almost every team, so if you were involved, see how you did, and maybe send some baseball card love his way too