Sunday, April 10, 2016

2016 trade package #8: Red Barrys from Nachos Grande

Last week fellow Barry Larkin collector Chris from Nachos Grande sent me a nice little package entirely comprising that very player:

  • 1994 Collector's Choice (#171)
  • 1994 Fleer
  • 1994 Fleer All-Stars
  • 1994 Upper Deck (#269)
  • 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars
  • 2015 Topps High Tek
Not only am I always happy to receive cards from Chris (and everyone else that sends them), I'm happy to say that all six of these are new to me thanks to his due diligence.  It's a nice bunch that includes cards from four different brands--UD, Fleer, Leaf/Donruss, and Topps--and reaches across three decades, from 1994-2015.

The Leaf R&S card is my favorite overall combination of photo and design, but the Collector's Choice has a cool action photo as well.  Fleer's base card calls to mind modern Topps' obsession with super zoomed-in images while the All-Stars insert looks pretty typical for the brand during that era.  Upper Deck's card is an interesting concept though it wastes a ton of space, and Barry's other card in the set looks much better.  Finally, I was relieved to see that Topps' Tek cards weren't as complicated as they could have been and it didn't take me too much work to figure out that this "waves" pattern is Larkin's base version in the set.

Chris, thanks once again for treating me to some new Larkin cardboard, giving me a new total of 329.  I'll soon have a few cards headed your way that should help you out a bit too!

By the way, readers, this isn't my only Michigan-related trade post going up today--please head over to TMM for more goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment