Friday, June 6, 2014

2014 trade package #13: Stanley Cup Cards From the Dollar Store

While I don't have cards to show off from Doug at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store here as often as I do on the other blog, the fact that we each collect some hockey means I do get a chance to showcase things over here as well.  As a matter of fact, our seventh trade on this blog was all about hockey, which coincides nicely with the exciting Stanley Cup Final (while I studiously ignore the uninteresting NBA version).  I even have a non-Wings team to root for in the Rangers thanks to former Wolverine sniper Carl Hagelin!

Speaking of the Wings, probably the best card in the whole package was a recent addition to the Hockeytown roster:
Danny DeKeyser 2013-14 Totally Certified Rookie Roll Call Jerseys Prime Blue patch (#13/50)
DeKeyser, an excellent defenseman, grew up in Michigan and attended Western Michigan University, where he starred for the Broncos while meeting the Wolverines pretty often in the former CCHA.  After he went undrafted, he chose to sign with his hometown Red Wings after his junior season, which ended up being a great choice since he got to play with the big club almost immediately, tallying an assist in his first 11 pro contests.  This year he was an even bigger presence, scoring his first NHL goal, and four overall in 65 games, while also appearing in five playoff contests.

This Totally Certified patch is totally rad and easily justifies the "Prime" tag Panini gave it.  One of you will probably have a better guess where on the jersey the patch came from, but I'm happy admiring it regardless.  Thanks for a great piece to add to my fledgling Wings collection, Doug!

As I mentioned over on the other blog, I wanted to note that he threw in another hit in the form of an autograph I already have,
...this 2005-06 Be a Player auto of former Mr. Hilary Duff (and Wolverine, and Coyote) Mike Comrie.  I'm not looking to give it away, but if it interests any of you, please make me a trade offer!

Thanks again for proving that hockey is always automatically better than the NBA...and, you know, the great cards, Mr. C!  I promise to round some things up to send your way very soon!  Readers, please head on over to Sports Cards From the Dollar Store to go to hockey (and repack) heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment