Thursday, May 22, 2014

You complete me, May 2014 edition: Part 2

Yesterday I showed off my first pair of YCM packages from this month, and today I have three more:

Envelope #1 (SportLots):
This is my second envelope that included just one card from 2008 UD First Edition, but that's mainly because I tracked most of those down on COMC instead, since some of the prices were better there.  Thanks to Tashard here, I'm now down to 16 needed from that set.  Speaking of Choice, the Cowboys fourth-rounder out of Georgia Tech (after transferring from Oklahoma) had pretty nice junior and senior seasons but doesn't have much to show for his pro career.
# of cards:  1     # of sets added to:  1     # of sets completed:  0

Envelope #2 (SportLots):
This package is the debut of 2008 Score football in this series.  I began piecing the set together mostly from discounted rack packs, but that quickly dried up as a reasonable source for completion when my extras piled up like crazy.  The biggest issue is that the rookies, all 110 of them, are a bit short-printed.  Fortunately I was able to find the majority of them (and most of the other base) I needed at or around the Sportlots minimum of $0.18.  I haven't received the package that contains my largest purchase of them, but this one, at 15 cards, goes a long way towards the set anyway.  Better yet, it includes a rookie of former Michigan star and 2008 #1 overall pick Jake Long.  Some of the other guys are also very notable, especially Stewart, DRC, and Charles.  Look for a bunch more of these soon.
# of cards:  15     # of sets added to:  1     # of sets completed:  0

Envelope #3 (SportLots):
...as soon as right now, actually.  As with the Choice card above, this one wasn't the sole card in the envelope as it also included some baseball PC guys from the same seller.  My 16th Score card of the day is this RC of former two-time Lions RB Kevin Smith, a speed-burner of a third-rounder for Detroit out of UCF in 2008.  He showed a ton of promise during his rookie season, scoring 8 TDs and rattling off almost 1000 rushing yards, but fell off from there, and he's now up north in the CFL.

I still need a buttload of cards from the set, but at least I was able to make some headway today, with all 16 cards being the tougher-to-get rookies.
# of cards:  1     # of sets added to:  1     # of sets completed:  0

That's it for today, but I still have a few more Sportlots envelopes on the way, and hopefully those will be followed by my second COMC delivery of the month soon!
Stats for the day:
  • Packages:  3
  • Total cards:  17
  • Sets added to:  2
  • Sets completed:  0
Total You Complete Me stats:
  • Packages:  5
  • Total cards:  36
  • Sets added to:  3
  • Sets completed:  0

4 comments:

  1. Is Colt Brennan still around? I just remember watching him throw for 550 yards a game in college. Poor guy probably needs Tommy John surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like he's kind of playing arena football, but also dealing with possible CTE. Definitely a product of Hawaii like other guys, including Timmy Chang (remember HIM?) but fun to watch!

      Delete
    2. Wow Timmy Chang...Haven't heard that name in a long time.

      Delete
    3. He's been forgotten so long I bet HE doesn't even remember that name.

      Delete