Wednesday, December 5, 2012

COMC haul #12: eight (minus one) Greats

(Note:  all COMC haul posts can be accessed here)

Well, having posted that Darrell Evans the other day, I'm back with more Freehan stuff, so let's get right to it!  Today's an all Fleer Greats of the Game kind of day, as you'll see while poring over these seven new members of Bill's PC:
Bill Freehan 2004 Greats of the Game Battery Mates (With Denny McLain) (#1018/1968)
Bill Freehan 2004 Greats of the Game Blue (#099/500)
Bill Freehan 2004 Greats of the Game
Bill Freehan 2006 Greats of the Game Pewter
Bill Freehan 2006 Greats of the Game Tigers Greats
Bill Freehan 2006 Greats of the Game
Bill Freehan 2004 Greats of the Game auto
Never let it be said that GOTG wasn't a very classy-looking set, and that's enough of a reason to bring Fleer back into the card business in a perfect world.  Even the base cards are very cool and have a special, high-end sort of feel to them in a way.  

The Freehan/McLain is my favorite insert of the group despite the fact that I loathe Denny McLain for being an utterly unapologetic jackass.  I just love that Fleer numbered the card to the World Series year.

My favorite overall, of course, is the autograph.  Fleer knew what they were doing when they made these sets as they practically beg for signatures.  Who wouldn't want a beautiful framed card with a classic shot of your favorite player, and, oh, by the way, it's autographed?  Who cares about the barely-noticeable sticker? These sets are simply fantastic.

And now, because I love bringing numbers into the picture despite my dislike of math, here's some stats:
  • This is my 10th Freehan autograph
  • I now have 16 hits of him overall (four relics, one patch, one plate)
  • His IHAS (in-hand and scanned) count is 46 cards, 45 of which are non-1/1s
I have some Freehans yet to be posted, so it won't be too long until I'm celebrating 50!  I'll probably be back within a day or two with some more Barry Larkin stuff, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment