While looking over a 2010 Topps football box break on BlowoutCards' forums last week I found a guy who was bemoaning the quality of one of his "hits"--a Steve Breaston Peak Performance jersey. I asked if he had any help for my base wantlist, and as it turned out he had roughly half, so I went ahead and bought everything for a pretty reasonable price (that's been my experience with Blowout's forums in general, which is cool). The payoff:
On a related note, this now puts my 2010 Topps football base wantlist at the following: 32 57 75 85 97 101 110 139 142 147 251 351 360 362 395 403 423. Please help if you can--I'd love to knock this baby out before the year is over.
That's not nearly enough for a daily post, so group break news #1:
I'm still drumming up interest for my potential (ie probably going to happen) 2007-2009 SAGE football break. See this post for deets.
Group break news #2 (not me edition):
Group breaker extraordinaire Georgia Mindset is at it again with a new break featuring a case of 2010 Bowman Chrome. His previous Topps Chrome/TTT break is the only one I've ever done but I was very pleased with the results and highly recommend AJ's breaks. I'm keeping my dibs on the Tigers (and may be tag teaming with Beardy on the Orioles to hedge my bets against a huge Ripken pull this time) but many teams are still up for grabs, so get in!
Around the Blogroll:
- APTBNL hit it fairly big in a 2010 Topps Chrome baseball hobby pack
- BA Benny opened a 2010 Score football pack, and it was about as meh as my experience with them, but it's still a decent set
- Night Owl wishes death upon the Giants. Fine by me--I've got no rooting interest in them and the Rangers are a nice story anyway. And Lincecum REALLY needs to cut the mullet
- Crinkly Wrappers celebrates being married by posting a small wantlist
- Mojo gets his Chrome football on before getting his pretzel on
- Thorzul did another group break and did pretty well: part 1 and part 2
- "'O No!" got a couple crappy blasters of UD Icons, making me glad I've been staying away from UD like the plague the last few years
- All About Cards wants you to pay it forward...for CARDS (awesome idea)
- Waxaholic finds the 1,000,000th Topps quality control issue of the year, which means he wins the prize: some several bent Topps Chrome cards (for which he'll have to contact Topps since some of them went missing)
- GSNHOF was as happy with his "I Don't Know...Third Base!" loot as I was. What's even cooler is that he pretty much mirrored my sentiments, saying that he got the card he wanted the most. This just emphasizes the excellent quality of stuff involved in that contest which was, I'd like to remind y'all, FREE
- Play at the Plate is having a World Series contest--still time to enter, so go for it