Monday, May 15, 2017

2017 trade package #11: Sports Cards From the Dollar Store

Well, it's been a little over two weeks since I last posted--in fact, this is the first time I'm blogging in May!  But there's been plenty to keep me busy, including fun family stuff, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (saw it twice!), and perhaps most important, improved weather.

But as usual, my lack of posting should in no way indicate a lack of cards to show off, especially since you generous traders keep hitting my mailbox with cool new stuff.  On that topic, I want to give a quick mention that I'm working on return packages for a number of you with cards sourced from eBay, COMC, and likely soon, JustCommons.

One such future recipient is none other than my most prolific trade partner, Doug of Sports Cards From the Dollar Store.  The very polite Canadian collector (who just showed off his loot from the recent Spring Expo, check out those posts!) sent me an envelope that included--wait for it--hockey!  But it wasn't all stereotypical stuff as the other three sports were represented as well.  Wolverines of the hockey--and yes, basketball and football--variety can be seen over on TMM this evening while our baseball example is available right here:
This here is a nice oversized box topper of Miguel Cabrera, a Purple version, from this year's Gypsy Queen.  That product has never remotely interested me, but that doesn't mean a card or two from the set doesn't pique my interest.  In this case I'm a fan of two features:  the oversized-ness and the Refractor finish.  The former gives you a great big photo and makes it something worth displaying while the latter just plain makes it look nice.  Bonus points go to Doug for shipping it in its original pack which sort of gave me the experience of opening it myself.

Hopefully Miggy can overcome his slow start and put up the numbers we're all used to seeing; he fared poorly in the games I've attended this year, and I think a lot of that was due to injury.  Maybe with J.D. Martinez back and Justin Upton looking better than last season he'll start to heat up.

Doug, thanks a bunch for this cool Tigers 'topper!  Pending some eBay and COMC shipments I'll have a return package headed to Canadia as soon as I can.  And yes, it includes lots of hockey content!

No comments:

Post a Comment