Monday, March 27, 2017

2017 trade package #7: the Daily Dimwit

It's been a couple weeks since I last posted so I'm probably one of the last to be able to say, "Hey, Dimwit's back!"  I hadn't realized that Sam was going to return to blogging, so that's an excellent positive development for 2017!  In related good news, I received a couple cards from him that I'd been waiting on since we last agreed to a deal.  It took him a bit to get them in the mail thanks to move-related things (we've all been there), but I was happy to find them in my mailbox this month and remember how excited I was to be getting them.

You'll find one of those pickups over on TMM this evening, and the other right here:

From 2015 Topps Archives Signature Series this is an encased auto of one of my favorite PC guys, Jim Abbott.  Topps had Jim sign this copy of his All-Star subset card (#406) from 1992 Topps, then numbered it to 50 copies (mine is #4, which is a bit hard to make out since encased cards are notoriously difficult to scan).

While I won't call myself a fan of every single buyback-type product, I do like the idea of being able to pick up this type of card of a guy like Abbott as it makes for one of the more interest signatures in my collection of the former USA/Michigan/Angels/others hurler.

This fun autograph marks my 119th card of Abbott, not to mention my ninth hit, all of which feature Jim's interesting signature.

Sam, thanks for not forgetting me and for sending me some great cards!  I look forward to flinging some Astros across the country to you once again in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got them and good to know you'll still trade with me! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, and of course I will! Now that you're moved I'm betting shipping things out is a bit easier for you.

      Delete