Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2014 trade package #31: Bob Walks the Plank...to Tigertown

I think by now we all know that Matt of Bob Walk the Plank is awesome to trade with, so don't be too shocked at how great this latest trade package is.  While Matt has been an amazing source of Michigan PC cards for me, he often comes through with some nice Tigers stuff as well.  Peep these:
I scanned these two together because I'm actually making them available for trade.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Magglio, but I already have one.  It's definitely one of my faves of his because it's a great callback to the original UD baseball game jersey cards.  On the other hand, I couldn't stand Gonzalez's stupid whiny ass while he was briefly with Detroit, so he can take his PED-inflated stats and fade into obscurity for all I care.  Also, Fleer confusingly labels it as an Indians card when Juan is clearly pictured with the Tigers.  Anyway, if anybody would like to trade for either of these, please let me know!
Austin Jackson 2010 Topps Chrome auto
Aw yeah, here's where it gets good!  AJax may be gone from Motown for good after the deadline deal that brought David Price to the Detroit sent the young star to the Mariners.  Still, I remain of fan of him and his Tigers cards.  How can you NOT like a Chrome, on-card signature of a significant Tigers player of the last few seasons?  This is just my second autograph of Jackson overall (here's the Triple Threads version I already had) and I must say I was surprised to have something this nice pop out of the package!
Mickey Lolich 2004 Sweet Spot Classic Game Used Memorabilia jersey (#222/275)
Speaking of nice additions, here's another one I know I didn't have before--my first relic of Lolich, the hero (and MVP) of the '68 Series.  Mickey won all three of his starts in that series, including games 2, 5, and #7, in which he outdueled Bob Gibson.  He even chipped in a homer in game 2!  And did I mention all three of his wins were complete games?  That's about as good as it gets for a pitcher in the Fall Classic!  This sweet Sweet Spot Classic jersey will go nicely with my Lolich autograph, and maybe I can see if I have his RC to put together the trifecta.

Matt, thanks a ton as usual for some fun new cards that have (or will have) found a new home.  Better yet, I can even promise that I have an interesting return package I'll be sending your way soon!  Readers, head on over to Bob Walk the Plank once you're done reading this post.

4 comments:

  1. Matt always comes thru with some great cards. The Lolich is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does, and he often does it out of the blue, too!

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked them. I always figure if I give you doubles you can pass it on to one of the other great Tiger blogs. That Jackson has been in my collection for a while. It was part of a lot that I won on eBay for a crazy low price. It had guys like Jackson, Giancarlo Stanton and Jason Heyward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice lot! Of course I don't mind dupes I can trade, but I was very happy with the Lolich and especially the AJax, thanks again!

      Delete