Friday, August 15, 2014

2014 trade package #21: a Migg-nificent haul from Bob Walk the Plank


You know, you can try as hard as you want, but these days it really is tough sledding trying to out-generous Matt from Bob Walk the Plank.  Send him as many great cards as you can, but chances are good he'll come up with something even better.

Case in point:  this guy:
Miguel Cabrera 2005 Donruss Signature auto

Matt emailed me a couple weeks ago and asked if I'd like a Miggy autograph, keeping in mind that he'd be pictured as a Marlin.  Uh, YEAH, that sounds pretty ok, Matt.  He confirmed that it wasn't identical to my other one (personally pack-pulled!) and a trade package was born.  Which is awesome because I love trading and definitely love sending stuff to other folks, but I have no idea what I'm going to come up with for him in return!  This is a very nice card (from a set that looks kind of drab without the autograph) and as usual I'm a fan of Panini's holographic stickers.  This is a great signature of a much younger Miggy, a couple years after winning a ring during his rookie season, and a couple before heading to Detroit in one of the heists of the century.

As if that wasn't great enough by itself, Matt slid another great card into the package:
Bill Freehan 2005 UD Past Time Pennants Signatures Bronze auto

This is a Freehan auto I'd already picked up a while back, but picking it up is a win-win for me:  either I trade it to someone who can use it (please feel free to leave a comment with an offer), or I can keep it with my Tigers PC since I'm already keeping one with Bill's collection.

As is always the case including this, my sixth trade with the Bucs/Mountaineers (Buccaneers?) fan, Matt is a ridiculously generous trader and I can't recommend him highly enough, along with his fantastic blog.  I'm happy to see so many trade packages from him appearing on other blogs, making the community that much stronger.  If you haven't yet, take a walk off the plank--you'll be glad you did!  As for me, I'll be working on a trade package worthy of a first-ballot HOF triple crown-winner of my favorite team....  Thanks, Matt!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the Miggy! Hope you can find a good home for the Freehan if you decide to trade it. Tell you the truth I can't even remember where I got that card. Thanks for the nice words. Always enjoy trading with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for holding onto the Miggy for me for a while and giving me dibs! Always great to trade with you too.

      Delete
  2. Very true. Matt completes some great trades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does! Since you don't blog, have you gotten anything from him? He seems to pull good stuff of everyone's favorites.

      Delete
    2. Yes plenty of trades with Matt

      Delete