Wednesday, June 4, 2014

2014 spring cleaning contest: the prizes (this one goes to 11!)

I'm still finalizing things for this year's spring cleaning, mainly trying to establish lots to my satisfaction, but now I'm thinking I should be ready to kick things off this weekend (don't hold me to that!).  I have a bunch of different groups available from three sports, and I'm hoping I get a lot of interest so this could be fun for everyone.
While I'm still wrapping things up on that front, I thought I'd start generating some buzz by showing off the prizes that will be available to participants.  This weekend's post will have more details on rules and such, but for now, here's what winners will be able to choose from:

1.  The Tulo auto I picked up at a recent show for just $2.  I already have an autograph of him I like, and I decided that my good fortune should be yours.  Out of everything I'm offering I'm expecting this to be the top prize, so I figured I'd lead off with it.

 
 
 
2-5.  How about some unopened packs?!  In order above, there's a blaster of 2008 UD 1&2 (five fat packs of 36 cards each), a value pack of 2014 UD football, a value pack of 2013 Panini Triple Play, and one of those 100-card "Super Value Pack"-type deals, which I know some of you enjoy.

6-8.  Hitsville, USA!  First up is the Verlander/Billingsley/Carmona/Chamberlain quad jersey Matt from Bob Walk the Plank so generously sent me recently, but I already had--I'm sure someone will want that!  Next is a pair of star football relics, jerseys of QB Warren Moon and WR Julio Jones.  Lastly is a duo of Michigan uni defensive hits:  an auto of Shawn Crable and a jersey of Prescott Burgess.  I know some of you that follow me are Michigan fans so I'm hoping someone's excited to nab these.

9.  A complete set of 2008 Donruss EEE (#s 1-100).  This is a super shiny, prospect-packed set that includes a nice early card of Mike/Giancarlo Stanton.

10.  A complete set of 2014 UD football Star Rookies (#s 51-150), and the 10-card Andrew Luck Heroes set.  The base set includes lots of hot RCs, including the top QBs, especially Manziel, Bortles, and Bridgewater, and a lot more big-time college action.  Meanwhile, the Luck insert set focuses on that guy's star-studded career for the Cardinal.

11.  I said this went to 11, didn't I?  Here's your chance to get one of Johnny Football's first RCs for free!

Besides all that, I plan to try to throw in something extra in each package I send out, while supplies last.  These may include cards of your favorite team, older minor league or insert sets, or other interesting things I can dig up.

I hope a look at what you can win by getting free cards from me has sparked your interest that that you'll be glued to this blog this weekend in anticipation!

16 comments:

  1. I want it all.

    I want it all.

    I want it all.

    And I want it NOW.

    *dun dun, dun dun*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I challenge anyone else that reads this to top this comment, otherwise, TIIIIIIIIIIM is the champion, my frieeeeeeeeeeeends...

      Delete
  2. I got two responses:

    http://youtu.be/aMICD3aMZpw
    and
    http://youtu.be/PvF9PAxe5Ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, definitely gotta give you some points for two great choices!

      Delete
  3. I was going to try to be funny and comment using some blog comment spam.

    Then I realized that was not funny at all.

    Instead, I will simply mention a joke that I probably first heard in 1983 but was reminded of today by Thorzul:

    Q: How do you ask someone if they went to Notre Dame?
    A: Don't worry, they'll tell you.

    And, then one adapted from another context:

    Q: How many "Domers" does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 1. They hold it while the world revolves around them.

    Thanks for the contest. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the contest. Will there be any hockey cards as prizes? Looks like I need to have some humor in my content. How are these?
    .. When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.
    .. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.
    .. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.
    .. The batteries were given out free of charge.
    .. A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.
    .. A will is a dead giveaway.
    .. With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
    .. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
    .. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
    .. Police were summoned to a daycare center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
    .. Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He's all right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc,

      After my eyes rolled back down I got some laughs out of those. Sorry, I hardly have any hockey left, so I don't think I have any to offer, but if I come up with anything I'll add it!

      Delete
  5. I read a paper by an Ohio State grad student the other day on the differences between oral and rectal thermometers. According to the author, most oral thermometers are faster, more accurate, and cheaper, while rectal thermometers taste better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well well well, I do believe we have a new leader! You also made me picture the jail scene from "Idiocracy."

      Delete
    2. Technically, it's the hospital scene. I only correct you because I find Idiocracy to be one of the most intelligent films ever created.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, now that I think about it you're right...and it is. Now I'm gonna go drink some Brawndo. It's got electrolytes!

      Delete
  6. if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rather cool contest. Love the variety in what's being given away!

    John H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And good luck if you decide to enter.

      Delete