Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2013 BA Benny Bonanza part 1: complete sets

Hi everybody!  My apologies for going a week between posts, but <excuses>my power was out for a couple days last week, then I got busy with some family things (good family things, not bad!), then I just kind of got lazy and out of the swing of posting.</excuses>  But I'm finally back and ready to get started on showing off on of the greatest trade packages I've ever received.

One of everybody's favorite bloggers, Mike from BA Benny's whatever, etc., has unfortunately been in and out of the blogosphere lately due to situations beyond his control, unless he can control, among other things, the weather, in which case, I for one welcome our new female X-Men card-blogging overlord. 

Anyway, we agreed to our usual you blow my face off with a trade package, then I send you one, kind of deal at some point last year.  I sent him a nice fat box of stuff knowing it might be a while before he could get back to me, but as always (I've got this down as my sixth trade with him on this blog), he made it more than worth the wait.  In my last post I tried to give an idea of just how much stuff he stuffed into a medium flat-rate box, and if those images don't help, the fact that this is going to be split up into a series of posts certainly will!

Today you'll get to see one major chunk of this package, in a way.  Mike sent me a surprising number of completed sets, including a bunch of box sets:
  • 1982 K-Mart Topps AL & NL MVPs
  • 1984 Drake's Big Hitters
  • 1985 Circle-K Topps All Time Home Run Kings
  • 1986 Fleer Classic Miniatures
  • 1986 Topps Baseball Champion Superstars
  • 1987 Donruss Rookies
  • 1987 Fleer Baseball's Best
  • 1987 Topps Baseball Highlights (x2, anybody want one?)
  • 1988 K-Mart Topps Dream Team
  • 1990 K-Mart Topps Baseball Superstars
  • 2006 Topps Rookie of the Week
  • 2009 Topps WBC
  • 2011 Topps Prime 9
  • 2012 Topps Prime 9
I mean, WHOA, that's a lot of cards to flip through and admire!  I'll be unboxing each and every one of these at some point, and I'll make sure to show them off here when I do.  I'll even open the ones that are still in the original shrink-wrap if you can believe it.  You'd better believe that I'm looking forward to doing so since so many of my favorite players were stars in the 80s and should be found in many of these boxes.

Thanks again, Mike, for the gift of a million great cards to go through!  I promise to give everything else you sent its due a bit at a time since you really did overwhelm me with stuff this time.

Everyone else, please direct your positive thoughts towards one of the hobby's greats, and in honor of Mr. BA Benny himself, keep rockin' your cardboard dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment