Sunday, November 25, 2012

A trade package from TMB's Kevin, plus some updates

First, a few quick notes.  I hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving, and better yet, was able to spend it with people you care about.  I got some quality time in with a couple friends I hardly ever see, then had a fantastic day with the family, so I couldn't have asked for anything more.

And yet, I got it.  While a good chunk of America was freezing its collective ass for four days to save $50 off a crappy TV, I put in a bit of time with COMC's own Black Friday promotions (from the comfort of my home!) and scored some fun new stuff.  Yes, I just had a large package delivered from purchases over the course of the summer, but this was as good a time as any to drop $100 on some sale cards and score free shipping--I mean, when are you gonna see THAT again on COMC?  So stay tuned for those whenever they get delivered, though most of them will again be featured over on the other blog.

Next, I wanted to update everyone on the fall cleaning team/other lots.  I'm extremely pleased with how many have been grabbed already, and I promise to work on getting those out this week, a bit at a time.  I scored a bunch of bubble mailers today and I believe I also have enough cardboard boxes to handle the larger lots, but for now, please consider it a work in progress.  Thanks again to everyone who participated.

I also wanted to update everybody on what's left, because these are still very much available:

Baseball:
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Florida/Miami Marlins
  • San Diego Padres
Football:
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Detroit Lions
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • KC Chiefs
  • Miami Dolphins
  • San Diego Chargers
  • Tampa Bay Bucs
  • Tennessee Titans
Basketball:
  • Atlanta Hawks
  • Boston Celtics
  • Charlotte Bobcats
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Houston Rockets
  • Indiana Pacers
  • LA Clippers
  • LA Lakers
  • Miami Heat
  • Milwaukee Bucks
  • New Jersey Nets
  • New Orleans/Charlotte Hornets
  • New York Knicks
  • Sacramento Kings
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Seattle Supersonics
  • Utah Jazz
  • Washington Bullets/Wizards
Please step right up and leave a comment claiming as many lots as you want!

Trade with Kevin:

Ok, time for the feature of today's post.  As I also wrote over on TMM this afternoon, where I featured another card he sent me, I got a fun little trade package back from Kevin (Mojo Beard) who was hitting me back for some Minnesota-type stuff I sent him recently.  Besides that sweet Breaston, he included another football card he knew I'd like:
This here is a 2010 Playoff Contenders Playoff Ticket insert of Detroit's best player since Barry Sanders, Mr. Calvin Johnson, Jr.  It's actually a lot shinier than the dull scan makes it look, and as always looks better in-person.  Even better, it's a #d insert, which I almost always like, and is #d 88/99.  This may be another one of those "lost" seasons for the Lions, but Megatron still gives Lions fans some hope, not to mention reasons to collect.

Thanks again for the package, Kevin, and please keep on keepin' on with your fantastic blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Really loved the huge lot of cards you sent me. Thank you. I will be sending you some of the football cards that you have on your wantlist soon. As for the cards you have left. I wouldn't mind a few more if that's ok.

    Baseball
    Tampa Bay Rays

    Football:

    Denver Broncos
    Oakland Raiders
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    St. Louis Rams
    Grab bag of oddball/inserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, and sure! I'll get those packaged up soon and headed your way. It might take a little while because I've gotta figure out how to get those boxed up! Thanks in advance for anything you send back my way.

      Delete