Thursday, February 23, 2012

A spring training Tigers trade package from Jeff

Hi everybody--sorry for taking almost two weeks to post something new over here.  Between being busy, sick and having a lack of interesting content, it wasn't exactly an ideal fortnight, but the good news is that I'm back with a new trade post thanks to Jeff.  

Besides sending me some excellent Michigan-related loot to complete our most recent deal, I also received some excellent Tigers stuff just in time for spring training!

The bulk of the package was what appears to be a team set of the Tigers in 2012 Topps I, not to mention some inserts.  Since I'm avoiding Topps boxes like the plague they are, I'm happy to have picked these up in a trade.  Jeff also went a smart route and participated in a group break instead of wasting money on a box.

The base cards are as good as Topps' designs usually are, and I especially like the Avila play at the plate action shot.  I've been wanting more of his cards and I have a feeling they'll be much more available now that he's been in the league long enough.

The inserts, on the other hand, are about as goofy as Topps' usually are, but Jeff sent me a great group of players--two new Ty Cobbs, a couple Cabreras, another Verlander (still not enough--I'm not changing the title!) and a Magglio that commemorates a classic moment in Tigers history--an insert featuring a great theme for a set and a head-scratcher of a design.

But that's not all Jeff threw in Tigers-wise, because I also got these beauties:


Refractors are always tough to scan just right, so take my word for it, this is one of the Tigers ace from 2011.  I love Refractors, I love Justin Verlander, therefore this card is a winner!

And finally, this Jeremy Bonderman 2006 Upper Deck Ovation Ovation Apparel jersey.  This is my first hit of any kind of the the erstwhile Tiger, and it happens to be a solid (a.k.a. non-white) jersey swatch.  It's definitely a welcome addition, plus a new player, for my Tigers PC.

Thanks again to Jeff for another great trade!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them. I always concentrate on the Michigan PC because it's easier to find what you want so I never know about the Tiger side.

    ReplyDelete