Monday, February 27, 2012

Fantasy baseball poll



+
The 2012 season is drawing near and since a decent number of people check this blog sometimes, I thought I'd take a poll to see how interested people would be in a fantasy baseball league.  I'm sure some of you are already running one yourself, or participating in at least one other one, but if you have any interest in one run be me, please drop me a comment below. 

I'm thinking of a standard ESPN league with a good mix of useful stats and some reasonable rules, especially pertaining to total moves allowed.  I'm hoping to fill out something like a 10-12 team league, hold a live draft, the whole shebang.  While prizes are a possibility, I'm leaning more towards a bragging rights-only setup, but that can be determined later.  So if you think you'd like to do a blogger/reader fantasy league, please drop me a comment below, and if enough people express interest, I'll get something going!

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps. I retired from fantasy after a year that went too crazy, but my brothers dragged me back in via basketball and it has been GREAT. I like to make a lot of adds/drops/trades though...so we'll see. I don't stream per say...I just get restless lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great. I wouldn't severely limit moves, just within reason, and ESPECIALLY during the playoffs (because I got screwed by an unreasonable limit last year)

      Delete
    2. I prefer to think you got screwed by having to face a beast in the finals...then again, I'm a little biased.

      I'm interested, though I really feel like I can only go downhill from last year.

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest, I looked longingly at Alison Brie and didn't read a single word of the post.

    Now I shall scroll back up and gaze some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, "pole" would have been a boss choice for this particular post....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already do yahoo and am not familiar with ESPN, but I'll take a shot at figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete