Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Group Break #1: Daily Dimwit

Everybody's favorite Texabama man, Sam (Daily Dimwit), held a group break over the weekend, and his expedience in shipping things out (very commendable, sir!) caused my cards to arrive to me not on Friday as expected, but this afternoon instead.  I know!  The USPS exceeded expectations!  Anyway, hit the link up there for an entertaining video that encompasses all three boxes that comprised the break:
  • 2007 Upper Deck Artifacts
  • 2009 Upper Deck Piece of History
  • 2009 SP Authentic
As you can see from the results, most of us pretty much subsidized the Pirates and especially the Marlins, but I still had a great time, and my haul wasn't all that bad.  My two chosen teams were the Tigers (natch) and Mariners (hoping to snag a Griffey or King Felix), and randomization earned me the Brewers and LA/A/A/LALA/AALA Angels, which netted me this stuff:

All Tigers (Sheffield is #d 242/999) and a Guererro/Ortiz insert #d 154/999
Best of the Brew Crew and Ms
Weird stuff randomed to me from Piece of History
 
 
The strangest thing by far was this Mike Myers Austin Powers relic from Piece of History.  I actually laughed out loud after Sam randomed it off to me.  Also, yes, I now see there's writing on the penny sleeve, but I don't feel like scanning it again.  Anyway, that's up for grabs if anyone has any interest in it.

All in all it was a fun, if not lucrative, way to start my group-breaking year, and Sam does a bang-up job of running breaks, so I'll be more than happy to join another of his in the future.

I should also mention that he sent me a card in trade that'll be posted over on TMM shortly, in return for something coming in my soon-to-be-shipped COMC monster lot.  Thanks again, Sam!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Way to go USPS! Glad you like the cards! Originally the plan was to trade with whoever got the random for the Hollywood card we ended up pulling, but once I pulled it I realized we already had one of those Austin Powers cards!

    Thanks for the compliments as well!

    ReplyDelete