Sunday, January 16, 2011

FOOTBAW playoffs



Well it's definitely been a crazy couple of weeks, but nothing's been crazier than the Jets taking down the Colts and Pats in consecutive weeks, something that hasn't been done since 2001! I'm obviously sorry to see the Pats out already, but the game was a great one which highlighted the skills of David Harris and Braylon Edwards, among others.

At this point I don't have a favorite team left, so I'm officially rooting for Anyone But the Bears.  Not only do they not feature a former Wolverine, their QB is Jay Cutler (enough said).  So good luck to the Jets/Steelers and especially good luck to the Pack next weekend.  If I had to pick one team to root for, it would actually be Green Bay since Charles Woodson is long, long overdue for a ring.  If nothing else, I'm primed for some exciting games.  GO FOOTBAW!

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I had this "who to root for discussion" yesterday, and we were initially tripped up by the Michigan alums on each team.

    I mean, we love Lamarr Woodley. And LOVE Dave Harris. And Braylon, frustrating as he may be, gave us some of the most immortal moments of our college years.

    But the bottom line was easy. Charles Woodson is my favorite Michigan player of all time. Not only that, but he doesn't have many years left to win a ring, whereas the rest are relative spring chickens. For me that was the deciding factor. Charles Woodson deserves to win the Super Bowl, and this may be his last chance to do it. Go Pack.

    ReplyDelete