Friday, December 4, 2020

2020 eBay purchase: As Many As I Can Getz

Coming hot on the heels off of my latest PWE from Paul, today's post covers another envelope that arrived the same day as his: another eBay purchase from my favorite eBay seller markaguirre22. He had a bunch of great Michigan Baseball items for sale including higher-end stuff like those sweet Topps Clear parallels limited to 10 copies, and other cards that were even more exclusive.

While I lost most of those at the last minute I still came away with a pair of wins at just a buck apiece, plus the dude threw in extras he knew I'd like, as he often does:

The two I won are on the ends of the top of the scan. Chris Getz's 2010 Topps 206 Mini Cycle was the last of his cards I needed from that "rainbow", and Getz's run from the set in its entirety. The Cycle minis were the toughest to find, numbered to 99 copies, and while they aren't particularly rare, I'd never seen one of Chris's cards at a reasonable price until now. More on that set in just a bit.

The other new addition was Getz's 2014 Topps Mini Pink parallel. This is of course the year where his photo has former Tiger Andy Dirks coming in hot and appearing to threaten the 2B's future hopes of having children. Compared to the flagship version which is number /50, the Mini set's card is twice as rare with just 25 copies made, and the one I got is #09/25. I now lack just the Black version /5, which I believe was one of the auctions I lost here. Oh well, I'll get one eventually!

The extras included a Getz Piedmont mini from the 206 set, which I already have--so Jeff will be the beneficiary if the seller's generosity, unless he doesn't want it for some reason--and Rich Hill's 2020 Topps Update base, which I did need. A super cheap common may not seem like much but it's certainly a nice way to keep me buying from you (as if the quick free shipping wasn't enough by itself).
Here's a quick look at the backs, which I've made an effort to show more often when I have a low number of cards to scan. Plus they're a bit more relevant today thanks to the minis.
And since I only had to scan four cards I went ahead and grabbed the rest of the Topps 206 Getz items I had to show off the rainbow (*not included is Mini Framed American Caramel auto, which is not a parallel version):
Pictured: top: base, Bronze parallel
bottom: American Caramel mini, Cycle mini, Old Mill mini, Piedmont mini, Polar Bear mini

I'm not generally one for mini cards, or parallels where the only difference is on the back, but these are kind of a fun way to look at the history of trading cards.

Now that I've posted these it may finally be time for me to show off the other massive trade I received from TCDB. I'll have some fun COMC items to show off at some point but haven't shipped the ones I purchased for myself yet (hmmm, interesting statement...) and haven't decided if I'll pay to get them rushed to arrive before the end of the year or wait until March. And who knows, other stuff may appear unexpectedly before then!

In the meantime, if you're perusing eBay, please consider Gary (markaguirre22), a trustworthy seller who offers free shipping on top of great prices! (#notsponsored)

11 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that Jeff guy would appreciate the Getz mini. Any of them actually, I just looked and he doesn't have any mini's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that Jeff guy's pretty cool. He has his collection listed on TCDB so I was able to figure that out as well!

      Delete
  2. Very cool. Sometimes parallels can be a pain in the butt... but that all seems to go away when I see someone show off a rainbow. Congratulations Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fuji! Feels like it's been quite a while since I completed one so you're right, it was worth it.

      Delete
  3. That's a great group of Getz. Congrats on completing the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris--maybe I'll have something more colorful next time!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on all of the recent Getz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon! I set 'em up, you knock 'em down!

      Delete