Saturday, June 27, 2020

2020 eBay purchases: Who Framed Rich Hill?

Just another quick post today to cover my latest in-hand eBay purchase (I have one more on the way), this one from a week ago. I once again hit up my favorite seller, markaguirre22, and found that he had more of my Michigan PC guys listed. For a buck each and the usual 6% sales tax I nabbed this pair:



These are Rich Hill buyback minis from 2015 A&G, with the cards originally being found in the 2007 and '08 products. I didn't realize until I was scanning them that the '07 card I got is the A&G Back version, which is kind of cool. You all know I'm not really a fan of Ginter, but I do like framed cards--Silks especially--and of course I like to grab anything new for my Hill PC at the right price. I wouldn't have gone higher than $1 for these and I ended up ignoring a couple other former Wolverines he was selling, but $2 seemed reasonable. You can see I added scans of the original versions I own which are definitely yellower both in-hand and in their scans for whatever reason. That makes the ones I bought last week look more like reprints than buybacks, but I'm guessing these minis are just more prone to yellowing in both regards.

Anyway, it was nice adding a couple more Hill cards for cheap. Hopefully I can add to his collection again soon since he'll appear with the Twins in Topps Series II, which is out now. If you end up with any dupes during your own breaks please keep me in mind!

5 comments: