Thursday, December 12, 2019

Announcing TMV Christmas Cards 2019!

Related image
December marks one of my favorite times of the year for collecting and blogging because of what's become my yearly tradition of sending out Christmas cards.  I'd been the recipient of the same in the past--sometimes involving actual greeting cards--and decided that was something I'd like to do.

This year I put together a PWE, two flat rate padded Priority envelopes, and 15 bubble mailers--a mix of the larger and smaller variety.  These are filled with cards I found at shows over the last few months, parts of my collection I've pared down, and in some cases, person-specific items from COMC (plus one person got a nice eBay haul).

I don't have an image of all of the envelopes at once this year because I sent them out in a staggered fashion over the last three or four days.  Not out of any desire to have them show up at a specific time, mind you, but because it always takes longer than you think to finalize pulling just a few more cards, getting them safely packed up, writing a quick note, weighing them, and printing postage.  I have a blast sending these out but sometimes doing a couple at a time and then taking a break is a bit more manageable.

Although I shared something along the lines of this list out on my Twitter account over the last few days, some of you don't follow me or aren't on Twitter at all, which is totally fine, so I thought I'd get the list up here and get folks excited about checking their mailboxes over the coming week.  Also, if you don't follow some of them, please consider checking them out!
Keep your eyes on these fine blogs (which you should be doing anyway) in the next week or two as packages start getting delivered and posted.  I'm looking forward to getting some fun reactions based on stuff I grabbed for at least some of these folks.

And as for me, I'm fortunate to have a couple incoming packages of my own to share, something I'll try to do pretty soon.  And then, who knows?  Maybe I'll manage to get some of my COMC loot posted before the end of the year.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know you'll like at least a few of the things I sent you! For some reason, Kerry's already got delivered but you have to wait until tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I'm honored to even have my blog mentioned on yours. This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't overestimate the value of being associated with the guy that dumps on Topps every post and doesn't put up any original content! You're one of two people who got something that I packaged in a fun way, by the way.

      Delete
  3. The stuff that I got for you to add to the stuff that I was already going to send to you is probably not going to show up here until perilously close to Xmas, so I'm guessing the thing I'll send to you will arrive closer to New Year's. Thanks, Robot Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! After-Christmas presents are just as fun as Christmas presents! I believe your stuff already got delivered this afternoon so I'm looking forward to your reaction to a couple things I included....

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You obviously have impeccable taste in TV shows.

      Delete
  5. You're too generous Dennis! I'll have a Happy 2020 package shipping out to you in early January! Happy holidays buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you get your stuff soon, Fuji! And of course I'm looking forward to whatever you're sending me as always since the word "generous" is one I associate with you.

      Delete
  6. I'm thrilled to be on your "nice" list with so many esteemed members of the blogging/collecting community. Your care packages are always very generous. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true--you're up there with a lot of cool people! I was happy to be able to get a few things I think you'll like headed your way. Thanks for being such an active follower/commenter!

      Delete
  7. Got them today, thank you Dennis! Post is on the blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them, Robert! Hopefully I'll be able to send you a larger package next time, but I was at least glad to send you some shiny LF's. Thanks for the trade post and have a great holiday!

      Delete