Wednesday, May 1, 2019

2019 trade package #8: Bob Walk the Plank

I'm back for a second day in a row thanks to the small size (but huge impact) of today's envelope.  Semi-retired blogger and ever-awesome trader Matt of Bob Walk the Plank (@walktheplank82 if you're not following him for some reason) let me know to expect a couple low-numbered non-autos in my mailbox before long.

I'll let you all decide if he delivered:
WHOA.
Image result for keanu reeves whoa gif
What he said.  That is a nice pair of high-end National Treasures Tigers relics right there representing guys responsible for over 120 bWAR, two MVPs (Cabrera with the Tigers), and three Cy Youngs (one with Detroit).

Miggy's card is from the 2018 product's Greatness Memorabilia Prime set, and let me tell you, does it ever live up to its name.  Numbered to just 10 copies, it comes with an interesting two-color swatch that increases in height as you go from right to left, to the point that the jersey seems to be busting out of the window when you get to the biggest piece.  It's definitely up there with the one I showed off yesterday.

Meanwhile, Scherzer's card is slightly higher numbered--to 15--but is still top notch thanks to a larger swatch that includes a nice chunk of three-colored patch.  Hailing from 2017, this one could be found in the Colossal Stat Relics Prime set, and again I think Panini used a relic that earns the "colossal" and "prime" titles.  Of course this one is highlighting his obscene 21-3 record from 2013, earning a career high in wins en route to the first of his three Cys, not to mention All-Star appearance number one of six (and counting).  I'm still glad to be getting cards of Max as he was great during his time in Motown, so I'm gratified that Panini made a card of him with the Tigers as recently as 2017.

Matt, thanks again for these two amazing new pieces!  I'm happy to continue our annual back-and-forth even if it's decreased a bit in frequency.  There's no way that'll stop me from picking up new Pirates and Mountaineers for you--even NSFW stuff of Pittsburgh heartthrob Bob Walk.

6 comments:

  1. Good lord those are amazing cards. And, you referenced bWAR? I feel like I don't even know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reference bWAR or fWAR all the time! Do you actually read my posts or do you treat this blog like Playboy and just look at the pictures?

      Delete
    2. You hope if I treat it like Playboy I'm only looking at the pictures.

      Delete
    3. LOL! You don't need me for that anyway--you can get permissions to see all the nudie sets on TCDB

      Delete
  2. Wowza. Matt hooked you up with some nice goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure did! This is 100% on-brand for Matt: high-end goodness and generosity.

      Delete