Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018 eBay purchases: last in, first out

No resolutions over here, just more collecting fun, but I may try to do a quick 2018 recap after skipping that the last year or so.

Nope, instead I'm posting my final purchase of 2018 despite the fact that I have lots of Sportlots and COMC loot to show off.  But why not?  It's just one card so this'll be an easy post!
My very last pickup last year was an eBay auction I won this past Saturday, the 29th, for $5.49 delivered, and it showed up in my mailbox today.  Proving once again that small things come in good packages, this is my first printing plate of former Yankees OF prospect Michael O'Neill, one of my many Michigan Baseball PC guys. 

Not to be confused with fellow prospect Mike O'Neill, the current Rangers farmhand is pictured here on a magenta plate from the 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Complete Set product Topps put out that year.
(Here's the base version)
Each complete set guaranteed 30+ parallels of the colored Refractor variety plus the chance at 1/1s (plates and Superfractors) like the one you see above.  The scan you see is roughly the size of the plate (with both sides pictured as I like to do), and it appears to be the smallest such card in my collection, smaller even than a few of the Topps Mini versions I own.

Getting down to the numbers, it's 31st O'Neill card, my 114th 1/1356th Michigan Baseball hit, and 50th total baseball 1/1.  That's all pretty cool as far as I'm concerned!

Hopefully I'll finally be able to make some more headway on Michael's checklist this year, and I can at least tease that I have one other new card of his to show off before much longer.  Until then, Happy New Year to everyone that's stuck around and continues to follow!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! I guess you wouldn't mind seeing the odd Yankee around here, would you?

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on picking up a printing plate for one of your PC's for $5.49. Just writing that sentence seems crazy. $5.49 for a one of a kind printing plate? What is our hobby coming to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Mark, and I love that a lot of those have been getting cheaper and cheaper. Besides eBay, I've found COMC during their sales is also an outstanding source for plates around $5.

      Delete