Monday, December 10, 2018

2018 trade package #25: Sport Card Collectors

Sport Card Collectors
It's been raining PWEs in my area lately, a fun development that I hope doesn't cease in 2019.  One of those is featured in this evening's TMM post while the other is my third such envelope from Matt of Sport Card Collectors in as many months.  The expert PWE-partier has flipped some fun stuff my way this year and I was happy to see his note in this envelope that promised to continue the trend next year.

Here's what he sent my way this time:
It's a Tigers insert party!  Cobb is a Vintage Legend from 2010 Topps.  Recent former 2B Ian Kinsler looks great in a Detroit throwback uni on a themed insert from 2015.  Ace closer K-Rod looks a bit smaller than usual on a 2016 A&G Mini.  J-Up is looking good on a Black parallel of the Tigers version of his base card from 2016 Heritage.  And the newly-retired V-Mart gets in on the act with a 2014 Chrome Purple Refractor.
And then completely out of the blue, there's this guy.  Joining my IP/TTM auto collection is this signed copy of pitcher Doug Bair's '85 Topps base!  Originally a Pirates draft pick, Bair came to Detroit in a trade with the Cardinals in 1983 (after winning a ring with them the previous year) and hung around until late in the '85 season, meaning he was an '84 champ.  He pitched sparingly during the playoffs, with a lone appearance in the Series, but was a decent option out of the 'pen that year. 
It was definitely a nice surprise to pull out a new autograph for my collection, especially an '84 Tiger, and that's the kind of fun stuff Matt comes up with.

Thanks again for yet another fun trade package, Matt, and I'm looking forward to hitting you back with a very nice Christmas envelope of your own as soon as I have everything in hand.  After that I'm looking forward to more great trades in 2019!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed buddy! More to come for sure in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks! In the meantime, it's your turn this week.

      Delete