Monday, August 3, 2015

2015 COMC purchase: I like the cut of your Gibby

And here we go--I'm finally posting COMC pickups from a couple months ago.  You'll see cards both here and on TMM, so keep an eye out for posts on each blog!

First up is a nice bunch of new cards for my Kirk Gibson PC:
Scan 1 includes:

  • 1995 Pinnacle Museum Collection:  I loved Pinnacle's '95 set, and especially the parallels (plus this one includes a Jim Thome cameo)
  • 1995 Sportflix:  This makes me wish these cards were still made
  • 1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Memorable Shots:  Which memorable shot?  Oh, yeah, THAT one!
  • 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game:  A classy follow-up to the equally great 2000 set.
  • 2001 Topps Gold (#0860/2001):  A nice throwback to when Topps first produced these parallels, and another angle of the same shot on the UD card
  • 2002 Sweet Spot Classics:  Kirk rained down a ton of high-fives in the 80s with the Tigers!

The cards in scan 2 are:

  • 2003 Topps Shoebox:  I'd never seen these before, but chalk up another rookie reprint!
  • 2005 Diamond Kings:  Definitely a more up-to-date image of Gibson, but good on Donruss for including him as a "legend" with Detroit
  • 2005 Upper Deck Classics Seasons (#1701/1999):  Not a bad season to remember if you're a Dodger fan, but why isn't this numbered to 1988?
  • 2006 SP Legendary Cuts Baseball Chronology Gold (#188/550):  There's some sort of theme to Gibson's Dodgers cards today, I just can't put my finger on it...
  • 2007 Sweet Spot Classic (#038/575):  Nice to see Kirk included in this high-end set that features numbered base cards
  • 2008 Donruss Threads Century Proof Silver (#076/100):  Now there's a familiar follow-through on this foil-riffic Donruss parallel
If you're an eagle-eyed reader and noticed that I deployed the "milestones" tag once again, then congrats on your excellent vision!  Also, I went over the 150-card mark to a new total of 152 for Gibby's collection!  I want to keep seeing it grow like that, so please send me anything of his you don't want.

Also, stay tuned for more COMC pickups, and don't forget to check out tonight's TMM post, especially if you're a fan of a certain Heisman/Super Bowl-winning CB.

No comments:

Post a Comment