- 2001 Fleer Tradition: 1 card, completes the set
- 2001 Stadium Club: 4 cards, cuts wantlist down to 5
- 2002 Bowman: 2 cards, cuts wantlist down to 1
- 2003 Topps Total Team Checklists: 3 cards, completes the set
- 2004 Leaf Second Edition: 1 card, cuts wantlist down to 2
- 2004 Topps Traded (set 1): 2 cards, completes the set
- 2005 Topps Chrome: 2 cards, completes the set
- 2008 Topps Co-Signers: 2 cards, completes the set
- 2009 Bowman Prospects: 1 card, completes the set
As you can see, this was extremely productive for me; I completed six sets and whittled three more down to five or fewer. I'd actually thought that I'd completed 2002 Bowman but I missed a card, so I'll pick that up elsewhere. What's important is that I picked up a few cards that were somewhat pricier elsewhere due to these being older, SPed, RCs or stars, but I managed to haul these in for very little. I really can't believe how much progress I've made towards my baseball set wantlists since I started blogging. Hats off to undisputed playoff (and life) failure Alex Rodriguez for being part of two completed sets today!
- 2009 Bowman Draft: 1 card, completes the set
- 2010 Press Pass PE: 4 cards, completes the set
My football wantlists are also looking much better lately, and they'll get another boost in the form of these two completed sets. I bought a box of 2009 Bowman Draft football when it came out and enjoyed it very much thanks to a nice design and college uni photos. Now I can say I finally completed that set thanks to A-Rod's fellow New York flop, Mark Sanchez. I'm even happy to to have 2010 Press Pass Portrait Edition done since I bought that buttload of packs at Meijer and still hadn't managed to complete a set. Now that it's put to bed I'll try to remember to stay away from hard-to-get-rid-of retail products like that.
All told, that's eight completed sets and three more that are tantalizingly close. And better yet, there's plenty more to show off soon!